BaNL DEMO released!

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: BaNL DEMO released!

Postby vontrapp » Thu Sep 9, '10, 1:02 am

Sorry Lyla Same Problem.... I have tried a few things like making sure I have up to date RTP and RGSS version matches the project, but no luck still the exact same problem with the graphics, it may be that because they are not standard with the RTP but may have been named the same as a tileset already there when compressing it is intentionally leaving it out beleiving that we will already have that resource available.

If there is any more info I can provide for you let me know and I'll do what I can :)
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 43

Postby Rick » Thu Sep 9, '10, 3:41 am

It could be some of the tilesets are housed outside the directory of the game.

Aka if you had C:\programfiles\Enterbrain\RPGXP\PSIVBeneathanewlight\

You'd have a \Chipset and a \Faceset, etc

I know with RPG 95, 2k and 2k3 that if you didn't have everything in the right folders, the chipsets never matched.

It's just an idea
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby Celeith » Thu Sep 9, '10, 4:12 am

Heres what I want to know.. Is there going to be a PSS (Phantasy Star Store) that will mock sony's PSN so we can get some epic DLC for this game.. Maybe a set of costumes for the characters >.>
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu Sep 9, '10, 10:19 am

If you are encountering any problems that has to do with a missing Test 002 file, please take a look at the below link.

http://www.phanxgames.com/forum/forum_p ... ?TID=10654

If you are having problems with extraction, that guide may show you a way how to extract the files properly. The Test 002 file needed has been added to the first post. Please DL that as well!
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby vontrapp » Thu Sep 9, '10, 10:24 am

Excellent,

Test.002 fixed the problem perfectly the rgssad file is now 60MB in size and all the graphics are included :)

Glad we could get this worked out ;)
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu Sep 9, '10, 10:38 am

Thank you, Vontrapp. You've been a great help. I will definitely hire you as my beta for the new demo. :)
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby vontrapp » Thu Sep 9, '10, 11:15 am

Thanks it was a pleasure :)

OK,

Quick note for anyone having some issues with the Test.002 file it should be in the same folder as Demo_Version.exe just run Demo_Version.exe (as administrator, best to make sure you don't run into any file errors) this should automatically just use the Test.002 without any intervention if however you are still hanging during extraction there is a second method to access the demo.

Access to Winrar or any rar capable decompression program should do the trick, but I will give the details for winrar as that is what I use.

Locate Demo_Version.exe and make sure Test.002 is located in the same folder

Right Click Demo_Version.exe and Choose the Winrar context and then Extract Here...

You should have no errors and a new folder called Demo_Version which will contain the extracted Demo ready to play.

edit: Just for posterity and by request .....

Enjoy :)
Last edited by vontrapp on Fri Sep 17, '10, 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Postby Xander » Thu Sep 9, '10, 11:30 am

Ah, that did the trick. Good job I have Winrar to hand. :D

Someone at RPGMaker want a kicking though. Placing limitations on file compressions sizes and having the excess left out is a bad idea.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby vontrapp » Thu Sep 9, '10, 12:24 pm

I don't think they ever took the project seriously and just worked of the base project which was designed for cartridge consoles.

So the file size limit is just a leftover from that now long forgotten age and it seems like they have no plans of fixing it as most game creation is done within in house IDE's and they believe they just have a nice non serious niche market.

They really need to sit and read through the user forums..... they might realise it could make a serious impact if they had as much dedication as their userbase :p
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Postby Alaster » Thu Sep 9, '10, 12:38 pm

Xander wrote:Unfortunately there has been an incident where someone had taken content from the game without her permission, so don't expect the project file to appear. It's only fair she keeps that to herself.

Ouch, you are right. I am sorry, I didn't mean to sound like the uncaring type. Anyways, it's September exam period now, but I am absolutely set in dedicating a few hours on this one ! :D
Again, thank you for your hard work, Lyla2284. It is much appreciated.
Alaster
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 29

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More