BaNL DEMO released!

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: BaNL DEMO released!

Postby Alaster » Thu Sep 9, '10, 1:37 pm

Okay, already playing it and loving it!
(Sorry for the double post, I couldn't help myself :P)

This is really good. The town seems, and more importantly sounds, so full of life and crowded ! Piata's sound theme is really nice. And the artwork is very impressive. The colours are realistic and vivid. The town seems just as it sounds, cute and interesting. The menu layout is very nice as well. And the Status screen where we can observe a model of the selected character (very Star Ocean -esque) is always a great idea and with that good of a character's artwork, a must! Also, let's not forget the cool and very matching font style.
Excellent job and I am only at the very beginning! I almost regret that I am on my exam period :P

If I may be so blunt, could I post some things that are a little off, techniqally speaking ? Or is there another section for that ? Anyways, back to the game for now :D
Again, thank you for a project that brings back only good memories and congratulation for an effort so well done and so recognizable. Personally, I am more than willing to help you on any part of the project ;).
Last edited by Alaster on Thu Sep 9, '10, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alaster
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 29

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu Sep 9, '10, 7:04 pm

I'm glad to see that you're enjoying it barely 5 minutes into the game, Al. And yes, the menus were inspired by Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time, and the menu sound effects come from there as well. I'm also delighted that you like the new soundtrack as well. It was very carefully chosen by a fellow PS phan and myself.

Yes, you are free to post technical faults. Anything to make the game better. And seeing as you are such an enthusiastic player, I'll be glad to welcome you aboard my beta-testing for the best part of the game: The Dezo Arc. ^^

To the rest of the players, you may post videos of your fights against the bosses, or anything related to the game, such as solo challenges. It will go under the Videos section in this forum.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Kein_Mitleid » Fri Sep 10, '10, 3:36 am

Rgss102e.dll not found or invalid... on noes... not this again! I downloaded the program, the fonts, and the demo (with 002 test), I've tried running things in compatibility mode, but alas, I cannot get this to work.
Kein_Mitleid
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 5

Postby vontrapp » Fri Sep 10, '10, 7:20 am

Do you have the latest RTP downloaded?

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download-rtp.html

If you install this it should add the latest rgss102e.dll to your computer plus all the other necessary resources needed to play other peoples rmxp projects :)

I know it sounds dumb but Enterbrain decided it would be more fun to make you have to download a whole extra bunch of stuff just so you could share your projects :-?
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 43

Postby Xander » Fri Sep 10, '10, 11:27 pm

Well I made it to the end, again! Nice inclusion of the plasma sword by the way. I can finally stop using the shadowblade (I was so lucky to pick it up the first time in Zio's fort.) :D I'm not sure I remember there being a platinum slicer in the beta either but it was more than welcome.

So far I've hit just 1 snag. And that is that about halfway through the fight with Zio his magic barrier mysteriously reappeared without warning and refused to go away after a few goes with the Psycho Wand. I'm also sure I saw him regenerate around 600 HP a couple of times too. Needless to say I was pounded into the ground after a while.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Sep 11, '10, 8:01 am

Xander wrote:So far I've hit just 1 snag. And that is that about halfway through the fight with Zio his magic barrier mysteriously reappeared without warning and refused to go away after a few goes with the Psycho Wand. I'm also sure I saw him regenerate around 600 HP a couple of times too. Needless to say I was pounded into the ground after a while.

That's no snag, Xan. Zio starts regenerating his health at around 50%, when the screen flashes white for the first time. And his last barrier ( when you start doing 0 damage ) can only be neutralized in one way... There's an element of strategy in this fight.

But I won't say anything, but I'll give you one clue.
If Alys has been KO'd, restart the battle.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Xander » Sat Sep 11, '10, 10:02 am

Oh yeah, I remember you mentioning this now. :p A cruel but good idea indeed, though I'm not sure having the fight hinge on something like this is wise. We'll see once other players get to that point.

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Solar » Sat Sep 11, '10, 10:51 am

I noticed that there is still that bug in the combat system, if you're about to attack with a slicer-wielding Alys but then press Esc, you'll be stuck. This is the worst thing I've encountered in this game so far.
Last edited by Solar on Sat Sep 11, '10, 10:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby Xander » Sat Sep 11, '10, 11:08 am

I think that's a problem with the RPGmaker itself, if I remember right, and can't be fixed. Like the extraction problem some had, it's something needing fixed in RPGmaker but probably won't be anytime soon. :o

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Solar » Sat Sep 11, '10, 11:31 am

Nah, it's a problem with a custom script. RPG maker XP doesn't have multi-hitting weapons by default so Lyla most likely used a script she downloaded or made herself, where the problem should lie.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More