Phantasy Star IV NES Artwork

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Phantasy Star IV NES Artwork

Postby DrkTr14ce » Fri Oct 9, '09, 7:13 am

Greetings, everyone. Hopefully you all remember who I am, much less what the hell this old Project was all about.

I come to you today, SO many months of hinting and teasing, and bring you some small pieces of the artwork that I've modified for our Project. I hope you'll realize that my skills in sprite modding is still in the infancy.

Enjoy what you've got, folks; the Project, for the time being, is being put on Permanent Hiatus until we can gain further assistance. And once people start noticing this thing, I will most likely start uploading more pictures, or might even get back to work myself.

Farewell for now.
--DrkTr14ce (Claimed Leader of the PSIV NES Project)
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Re: Phantasy Star IV NES Artwork

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Oct 9, '09, 4:27 pm

I wish I had any knowledge whatsoever of making games and everything related to it. I wish getting a Master's wasn't effectively a full-time job so I could learn this stuff, on top of learning web design as I'm going to create a website for a student organization. Then I could help EVERYONE'S games. :(

Anywho...those images look FAR superior to any of the pirate versions. No bug-eye syndrome!
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Fri Oct 9, '09, 11:45 pm

Hey, that is really good work. It captures the real feel of Phantasy Star IV much better than that horrible pirate artwork.

I wish I could help with your game too, but I just don't have the time. I'd like to integrate an online game into the forum at some point, but finding the time to start all of that is hard.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby yumpoptart » Sat Oct 10, '09, 5:05 am

That's really cool, gotta agree with Thoul that it looks so much better than that pirate version. Good work! Hope to see more =)
PhanTranslations - Home of the Drama CD translation and the work-in-progress Futabasha Gamebook 1 translation.
yumpoptart
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 8

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat Oct 10, '09, 6:41 am

DrkTr14ce wrote:Greetings, everyone. Hopefully you all remember who I am, much less what the hell this old Project was all about.

I come to you today, SO many months of hinting and teasing, and bring you some small pieces of the artwork that I've modified for our Project. I hope you'll realize that my skills in sprite modding is still in the infancy.

Enjoy what you've got, folks; the Project, for the time being, is being put on Permanent Hiatus until we can gain further assistance. And once people start noticing this thing, I will most likely start uploading more pictures, or might even get back to work myself.

Farewell for now.
--DrkTr14ce (Claimed Leader of the PSIV NES Project)

Leader... yeah, we'll go with that...

But yeah, I wish I still had the other files otherwise I might've still been working on the project. It's a shame, the only reason I'm not working on this right now is because I don't want to redo the work I done already.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby DrkTr14ce » Sat Oct 10, '09, 8:15 pm

Considering that the shape as a whole hasn't changed much from the original 16-bit versions, it's the reason why they actually resemble their shapes more than those bloody pirated ones. Ugh. I mean, seriously, they could've just done this instead of making their own. It would've been easier.

Hmm. An online game...
Pff. Next you're going to tell me it's going to be a 2-D MMO, like some sort of cross between Phantasy Star IV and Universe.

And now..for a few more.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Oct 10, '09, 8:30 pm

Nice, very nice work, DrkTr14ce. :clap: I love how you've kept the feel of the original game's sprites. You are right, those pirate versions made me want to puke... :ill: But yours is way better, I'm impressed. :)
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Thoul » Sun Oct 11, '09, 1:19 am

DrkTr14ce wrote:Hmm. An online game...
Pff. Next you're going to tell me it's going to be a 2-D MMO, like some sort of cross between Phantasy Star IV and Universe.

That's sort of the plan. It wouldn't start out as an MMO, but might build up into something similar.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby DrkTr14ce » Sun Oct 11, '09, 12:08 pm

Thoul wrote:
DrkTr14ce wrote:Hmm. An online game...

That's sort of the plan. It wouldn't start out as an MMO, but might build up into something similar.

Hold on, I'm going to try to find someone on this site who thinks that this idea won't work. Might take me a while.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Thoul » Mon Oct 12, '09, 3:51 pm

Yeah, I think it will be a hit. ;) I've worked on something similar for a Final Fantasy site in the past and people couldn't get enough of it. It's just a matter of finding the time to begin implementing it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Artwork