Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Bad foods to eat
PostPosted: Tue May 13, '14, 5:41 am 
Silver_Surfer1 wrote:Thanks, Wolf Bird for your insightfulness here as always. Yeah, I try to take most articles like this not too very seriously, but still there is that little nagging doubt sometimes. I really think most foods are okay for some people to eat if eaten in moderation and if you are not allergic to the foods or they make you sick or something like that.

You're welcome. Since this is kind of relevant to my classes and work and all that, this stuff hits me in a spot where I just can't let something that's not entirely truthful slide. If you do have that nagging doubt, the best thing you can do is just learn a little bit of basic skepticism and critical thinking so you know how to approach articles like this and better tease out what's distorted. I find a basic understanding of logical fallacies goes a LONG way in spotting hogwash.

http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/philoso ... lacies.htm

PostPosted: Tue May 13, '14, 9:28 pm 
VISTABLADE : thanks for the explanation ! So I know now that I will never be a Pescetarian as I'm not a big vegetables fan ! ;) Even if I try to eat more of them :) As they are very good for your health !

PostPosted: Tue May 13, '14, 10:06 pm 
You're welcome. Being a Pescetarian isn't for everyone, but it fits me well.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, '14, 11:24 pm 
Yes, I second the Thanks Vistablade on helping us to be more knowledgeable regarding what pescetarian means, etc. Vegetables and Fish sounds good.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, '14, 9:18 pm 
VistaBlade wrote:You're welcome. Being a Pescetarian isn't for everyone, but it fits me well.
You're right, not everyone is fit to have a special regime :)

Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2