Campbell's Soup makes "Super Mario" edition.

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Campbell's Soup makes "Super Mario" edition.

Postby MrKite » Tue Aug 20, '13, 1:43 am

I was at Path Mark a while ago, and in the Campbell's Soup section, I saw a Super Mario edition. Now I'm not the world's biggest Mario fan, but I bought a can out of curiosity but didn't get to try it yet. Anyone else heard about this?
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Campbell's Soup makes "Super Mario" edition.

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Aug 20, '13, 2:54 pm

I had not heard anything about it before reading your post Mr. Kite. Thanks for alerting us to this new product. I haven't seen any yet at the grocery store where we shop but I will certainly be looking for it next time we go to the supermarket.

I tried doing a Google search on it and I found a few pics of the soup in various places such as ebay, etc. It looks like there may be atleast three different cans. One can has a label with princess peach front and center (Yay!!! ) with Luigi standing on one side of her and Mario standing on the other side of her. One can has a label with Bowser and Mario. One can has a label with Mario and Luigi. From the description on the can it seems the contents may be soup consisting of chicken broth with shaped noodles (shaped like the Mario Nintendo characters, etc.). They are probably a limited edition type can and probably won't be around for very long.

I can't wait to find some of these. If anyone finds any of the soup and eats it, let us know how it tastes.

This will make a terrific collector's item also!! :)

I am so glad they included Princess Peach on this as she is my favorite Nintendo character and she seems to get the shaft and is not included in a lot of the various promotional items. Yay!!!!! :clap:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tweeg » Tue Aug 20, '13, 5:47 pm

So the "M" in MSG stands for Mario?

There were Sonic the Hedgehog soup cans released back in the 90's. Believe it was Chef Boyarde branding for them.

Might consider removing the label to just save it since the contents of the can are hardly fit for human consumption. http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopi ... 8&start=15
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Aug 23, '13, 4:17 am

I went to the grocery store today and found some of this soup. I only found one label variation and it was the label with Mario and Luigi on it. Shucks, I was hoping to find one with Princess Peach on it. Maybe that one will be on the shelves later so I will keep looking. This was at a Walmart store.

I have never seen so many different labels in my life. They had this Mario/Luigi one. They had one with Toy Story. They had one with Scooby Doo. They had one with Disney characters Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella, I think it was, or some other Disney Princess. That's all I can remember right now. I only got some of the Mario/Luigi cans. I looked at another store in our area and they didn't have any of these soup cans.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Sep 8, '13, 2:16 am

Still checking each week at the supermarket to see which kinds of "Super Mario" labels they have. This week I was able to find the Mario and Bowser label. I think they still had a few of the Mario & Luigi labels also. So far no label with Princess Peach on it but maybe that will show up in a week or so. I hope I haven't missed it entirely. I don't know how the soup tastes but the labels are fun. :wink:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Sep 8, '13, 8:10 pm

I have to try out some of the Bowser soup. That just sounds awesome.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Sep 20, '13, 5:39 pm

Yay!!!! I was at the supermarket yesterday and finally found some of the Campbell's soup with Princess Peach on the label!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got me 3 cans of that as that was all they had, lol. They still had one or two cans of Mario and Bowser but the Mario edition labels is going a lot faster than some of the other labels which feature Disney, Toy Story, etc. I have a few cans of each of the 3 Mario labels now although I do need to get another Mario/Bowser if they have any more available next week. What I'm doing with it, I don't know..eat the soup one day or keep the can intact for posterity, etc. I hope the soup is some good and I guess I'll save the labels. :lol: This is just so awesome though that they have featured Mario and friends (especially Peach as she is hard to find in some promotional items). Oh, and here's a little tidbit that you may want to know also....be sure and keep your cash register receipt when you buy the Mario soup because I just happened to look at my receipt yesterday and it does say " Mario Soup" on the cash register receipt. Thought that was kinda neat too. :)

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Tweeg » Sat Sep 21, '13, 2:48 am

I advise keeping a scan or photo of the receipt. I save all my receipts for accounting purposes and have noted that after as little as five months the thermal ink on many receipts deteriorates and becomes just about unreadable.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Sep 22, '13, 4:58 am

Tweeg wrote:I advise keeping a scan or photo of the receipt. I save all my receipts for accounting purposes and have noted that after as little as five months the thermal ink on many receipts deteriorates and becomes just about unreadable.

Wow, thanks for the tip Tweeg!! I will certainly take your advice. I had never thought about that happening to the ink on the receipt. Thanks again!! :)

Silver_Surfer1

Return to Delectable Delicacies