Back To School

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Back To School

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Aug 1, '09, 12:10 am

It's almost time for those school buses to start running again. When does school begin for you, or when does it start in your area? I have no idea when it begins here, but I will find out.

For those of you returning to school this year, are you looking forward to it, or dreading it? Are you ready for it or have you not even begun getting your supplies , etc., ready yet?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Back To School

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Aug 1, '09, 1:47 am

I'm ready in some ways to begin at UPitt...and not in others. I still don't have a place in Pittsburgh to live, as we keep finding nice places but incompetent/untrustworthy landlords and/or leases with shady terms that they don't want to negotiate on. But there is still time as most places, once they are on the market, you could move in the next if you wanted to, and we're going to look in places where there is far less demand. As far as supplies go...I have my school supplies as I'm reusing what I already had since it's still good. But I still have to get a lot of stuff for an apartment, and send my final Penn State transcript to UPitt.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Sat Aug 1, '09, 3:44 am

I've no idea when it starts around here, but I'm sure it is fairly soon. The stores already had lists of things the kids will need around two weeks ago. I'm glad I don't have to deal with trying to track down all that stuff now.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Darkil » Sat Aug 1, '09, 3:15 pm

I know Virginia is having a "Tax Free Holiday" starting 08-07 until 08-09. School supplies are part of the things that are tax free so I imagine it'll begin shortly after that weekend.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Lemina » Sat Aug 1, '09, 5:57 pm

For my college, I think we start August 25. Regular public schools start a little later. I'm looking forward to going back to college, but it'll be tough this year, for sure.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Thoul » Sat Aug 1, '09, 8:40 pm

Our state has one of those tax free weekends also. I've no idea when it is... but here they typically include computers in the list of things that aren't taxed. It's a good time to get one, if you can find one.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby GoodOmens » Sun Aug 16, '09, 6:19 pm

I'm going back August 31st to pursue a masters. I'm worried that they will finally figure out I really don't know anything :misspeak:
GoodOmens
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 1

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun Aug 16, '09, 6:30 pm

I finished 12th grade four years ago. :D But I'm going to university next year to pursue a Masters degree in English.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Aug 16, '09, 6:32 pm

I'm in the same boat as GoodOmens, Master's studies start August 31st. But I'm moving down to Pittsburgh on the 21st. Almost ready to go, have most of the essentials to move into my own place. Unfortunately, we won't have internet service there until August 25th. But we can cope with that.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Tom » Wed Aug 19, '09, 5:21 pm

September fourth is back to school day for me! Personally, I'm looking forward to school, and no, I am not ready to go back to school. I've not gotten the supplies list, anyway. However, I'll begin general school shopping soon.
Tom
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 7

Next

Return to Casual Conversation