Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Back To School
PostPosted: Sat Aug 1, '09, 12:10 am 
It's almost time for those school buses to start running again. When does school begin for you, or when does it start in your area? I have no idea when it begins here, but I will find out.

For those of you returning to school this year, are you looking forward to it, or dreading it? Are you ready for it or have you not even begun getting your supplies , etc., ready yet?

Post subject: Re: Back To School
PostPosted: Sat Aug 1, '09, 1:47 am 
I'm ready in some ways to begin at UPitt...and not in others. I still don't have a place in Pittsburgh to live, as we keep finding nice places but incompetent/untrustworthy landlords and/or leases with shady terms that they don't want to negotiate on. But there is still time as most places, once they are on the market, you could move in the next if you wanted to, and we're going to look in places where there is far less demand. As far as supplies go...I have my school supplies as I'm reusing what I already had since it's still good. But I still have to get a lot of stuff for an apartment, and send my final Penn State transcript to UPitt.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 1, '09, 3:44 am 
I've no idea when it starts around here, but I'm sure it is fairly soon. The stores already had lists of things the kids will need around two weeks ago. I'm glad I don't have to deal with trying to track down all that stuff now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 1, '09, 3:15 pm 
I know Virginia is having a "Tax Free Holiday" starting 08-07 until 08-09. School supplies are part of the things that are tax free so I imagine it'll begin shortly after that weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 1, '09, 5:57 pm 
For my college, I think we start August 25. Regular public schools start a little later. I'm looking forward to going back to college, but it'll be tough this year, for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 1, '09, 8:40 pm 
Our state has one of those tax free weekends also. I've no idea when it is... but here they typically include computers in the list of things that aren't taxed. It's a good time to get one, if you can find one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, '09, 6:19 pm 
I'm going back August 31st to pursue a masters. I'm worried that they will finally figure out I really don't know anything :misspeak:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, '09, 6:30 pm 
I finished 12th grade four years ago. :D But I'm going to university next year to pursue a Masters degree in English.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, '09, 6:32 pm 
I'm in the same boat as GoodOmens, Master's studies start August 31st. But I'm moving down to Pittsburgh on the 21st. Almost ready to go, have most of the essentials to move into my own place. Unfortunately, we won't have internet service there until August 25th. But we can cope with that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, '09, 5:21 pm 
September fourth is back to school day for me! Personally, I'm looking forward to school, and no, I am not ready to go back to school. I've not gotten the supplies list, anyway. However, I'll begin general school shopping soon.

Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next