Back To School

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Back To School

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Jul 16, '08, 8:36 pm

Believe it or not, it's almost time for school to begin again here in our area. Only a week or two, I think, until the first day of school.

Is it just me, or does it seem that school is beginning earlier and earlier every year? I can remember when we did not start school again until the very end of August or the first of September at the earliest. Now, it seems it starts almost a whole month earlier. That sure takes away from summer and vacation time.

When does school begin again in your area where you live?

I wonder what's up with all this rush to get back in school so fast ??????????
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby luke » Wed Jul 16, '08, 8:47 pm

i don't start until early september. more time to do awesome stuff!
cooper, today you remind me of a small mexican chihuahua
luke
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 9

Postby hugues » Thu Jul 17, '08, 12:49 am

Every time I see the words "Back to School" I can't help but think of the Rodney Dangerfield movie of the same name. What a classic 80s film that was, it even holds up well today.

I worked full-time when I was in college so it was hard to get psyched for a new semester. Still, there was something exciting about picking up a new set of textbooks and wondering what the next 15-18 weeks would hold.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Jul 21, '08, 10:25 pm

For anyone who needs to stock up on some extra paper, pencils, ink pens, etc., now is a good time - all this stuff and some related items can be found very cheaply now in all those "Back To School" sales everywhere!

That's good news! :)
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby luke » Mon Jul 21, '08, 10:34 pm

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:For anyone who needs to stock up on some extra paper, pencils, ink pens, etc., now is a good time - all this stuff and some related items can be found very cheaply now in all those "Back To School" sales everywhere!

That's good news! :)

at least in a college town, the best thing to do is to go to all of the dorms, frats, living spaces, schools, etc. and start going through the dumpsters. some people can't be bothered moving stuff, and i've gotten free tvs, dvd players, art supplies, etc. i actually found a textbook for a class i had to take, and i'm going to sell that textbook back tomorrow. i'll report back on how much i get for it.
cooper, today you remind me of a small mexican chihuahua
luke
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 9

Return to Casual Conversation