Gold Monopoly Game!

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Gold Monopoly Game!

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Oct 18, '10, 7:10 pm

Well, it was bound to happen eventually! There are so many different versions of Monopoly game around that someone has even made a Monoploy game with a gold board and dice with diamonds:

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plug ... et/1414540

This version of the game is not for sale though, and will be on display this week at the Museum Of American Finance in New York City.

Speaking of different versions of Monopoly game, I wonder how many different versions of the game does everyone here own?

Speaking for myself, I think I only have the original version of the game. :(

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Gold Monopoly Game!

Postby xellos667 » Mon Oct 18, '10, 8:53 pm

I don't even own one :) I think all those versions of Monopoly are kind confusing. But this one sure looks pretty. If I played on this board, I will be indeed scared to death to break or lose anything at every turn.
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby Thoul » Mon Oct 18, '10, 9:57 pm

I think I have four. There's the original, which is a really, really, really old normal version from when I was a kid. I received the Nintendo version as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago. I bought a couple of comic book themed versions years ago. I've played them all once, maybe twice. Except the old one, of course; that was played a lot during my younger days.

I think I heard of this gold version before, so it's a few years old really. Personally, I find it a bit extreme. I suppose it qualifies as "art," but only because of the material used.
Last edited by Thoul on Mon Oct 18, '10, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Oct 18, '10, 10:16 pm

Woulda been better if it used real money... ;D

Joking aside, I have the original, normal version. My Auntie on the other hand has plenty, She has the normal one, Coca-Cola, Canadian, Star Wars, and two others that I don't remember what they are.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby MrKite » Tue Oct 19, '10, 7:35 pm

Why wasn't there ever a Sonic The Hedgehog Monopoly? There's potential for there to be one.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Oct 19, '10, 8:44 pm

MrKite wrote:Why wasn't there ever a Sonic The Hedgehog Monopoly? There's potential for there to be one.

Honestly, you're more likely to get a SEGA one before a Sonic one, because it would be the best way for them to maximize sales.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Tue Oct 19, '10, 8:54 pm

Sonic's Sega Genesis Monopoly? Well, maybe they would put Algo in as a property. Algo, Ragol, and Gurhal could make a trio.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Qara » Thu Oct 21, '10, 4:59 am

There are many versions of the Monopoly game. Here are a few http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_li ... opoly:_USA. My friend has several versions of the game. She is hoping to get a KISSopoly one day.
Qara
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 53

Return to Casual Conversation