Page 2 of 3  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, '07, 9:17 pm 
I always perfered Nial. His path is slightly more challanging since he doesnt have any techs. =]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, '07, 11:10 pm 
Nial for me cuz afterwards you get my favorite characters adan and gwyn ^_^, but nials is a good character, considering i perfer this path because you stay true to your heritage and continue living in landen..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, '07, 11:25 pm 
Lol I never liked Ayn, his bright hair really bugged me. His hair didn't match his face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, '07, 2:44 am 
I prefer Ayn's because 1/2 of Nial's quest is in Sean's/Crys' quest. Going the Nial route you miss out on a lot of the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, '07, 9:50 am 
Y'know...going back and reading my old post, I can think of more to say now. :lol: Overall, I just prefer Nial's storyline -- even if you miss out on what happens in Ayn's timeline (Ayn's path is just depressing, really).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, '07, 8:00 pm 
Especially Sean's tanget. Wow, that was just a total downer from the beginning.

But I would have liked Nial's adventure to be more unique. It really does feel repetitive, especially right after doing one of Ayn's kids, you know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, '07, 12:23 am 
No kidding. Nial really goes through an intresting adventure. Esepcialy one he gets Ryan. =]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, '07, 2:36 am 
Neithird wrote:Especially Sean's tanget. Wow, that was just a total downer from the beginning.

I think from a storytelling standpoint Sean's is the most interesting 3rd generation. His situation starts off so desperate, stranded in a desert with no help in sight. His first stop is Landen where he receives a chilly reception ("If Ayn had married Sari we might have won"). It's the solo hero vs. impossible odds theme. Yeah it's by far the saddest opening in the game but it also gives Sean a more compelling reason to defeat Dark Force than the other story lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, '07, 8:21 pm 
That's true. The others are all "Ooo, terror! Leave with friends and go check it out!" Sean's tangent did at least break from that mold and give him some history and stronger personal purpose. I expected another Siren fight after that opening.

I thought crashing in the desert was kind of silly (how did they even get the ship into the desert? :? ), but it was better than another start at Landen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, '07, 12:53 am 
Neithird wrote:I thought crashing in the desert was kind of silly (how did they even get the ship into the desert? :? ), but it was better than another start at Landen.
This kind of made sense to me, since there's a wide open space for them to do a crash landing. Seeing as Aquatica, Terminus, and Draconia were the closest domes to Azura, the next best option was Aridia since each of those wouldn't be suited for a landing with the exception of Techna in Draconia...dunno why they simply didn't go back there, though perhaps they didn't have the time. That, and that was probably a good move on the programmers' part since you weren't supposed to return to Azura anyways, with it being destroyed and all.

Page 2 of 3  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next