Awesome stuff coming through! EOTA artwork.

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

View Gallery Page

Postby Xander » Wed Feb 15, '12, 8:35 pm

*Looks around*

Looks like things could be looking better around here. Allow me. Since my current Shir project is WIP, let's bring out some updated EOTA artwork.

First up is...well, Flynn. It says right there.

And then there's my latest work, Catalina. She is also awesome. ^^

Last edited by Xander on Thu Feb 23, '12, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Re: Awesome stuff coming through! EOTA artwork.

Postby myau56 » Wed Feb 15, '12, 10:21 pm

I've recieved your message and sorry if I didn't answer it but I'm very busy those days and I'll answer it soon but good job on all and the design !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby augmentedfourth » Thu Feb 16, '12, 12:08 am

I know I've said this many other times in many other places, but you've made so much amazing progress since you first started drawing, and it's been great to witness the journey. I know you'll just keep getting better and better, and I can't wait to see your upcoming projects!

And yes, Catalina is very, very awesome. :mrgreen:
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Postby Aeroprism » Thu Feb 16, '12, 12:20 am

@Myau56: Since Xander is essentially doing PR for my campaign, you can answer me directly if you want to.

Bonus: Si ça ne te tente pas de te casser la tête, tu peux me répondre en français!

On the topic at hand: Xander's skills went from dubious to glorious. I have rarely seen such insane progress in so little time with someone's craft. My hat off to you sir.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Lucas » Thu Feb 16, '12, 4:22 am

I’ve been eagerly awaiting more of your art for a century now :P. Good to see you finally posted some more.

I really like the detail you put into the weapons. As for Catalina (Interesting name by the way), did you get any design references from PSO characters? Because she seems like she could fit right into a Phantasy Star Online game.

All in all, great stuff Xander. ;)

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby myau56 » Thu Feb 16, '12, 1:05 pm

Aeroprism wrote:@Myau56: Since Xander is essentially doing PR for my campaign, you can answer me directly if you want to.

Bonus: Si ça ne te tente pas de te casser la tête, tu peux me répondre en français!

On the topic at hand: Xander's skills went from dubious to glorious. I have rarely seen such insane progress in so little time with someone's craft. My hat off to you sir.

AEROPRISM : Ah tu parles (ecrit !!) français ? Je ne le savais pas !/ Ah you speak(write !!) french ? I didn't know ! / Non je préfère continuer à améliorer mon anglais mais si un jour je change d'avis... ;) / No, I prefer to continue to improve my english "skills" bit if one day I change my mind... ;)

My hat off to you ? Moi aussi je lui tire mon chapeau ! The expression is very the same !! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby enigmaopoeia » Thu Feb 16, '12, 7:01 pm

These are well drawn, Xander, good work on the characters!

I especially love how you shade and color their hair.
Last edited by enigmaopoeia on Thu Feb 16, '12, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ enigmaopoeia
enigmaopoeia
Hunter
Hunter

Achievements: 33

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Feb 16, '12, 10:50 pm

Amazing artwork, Xander!!! Even though your previous works were spectacular, I can still see the improvements in your work here. You, my friend, are very, very talented in many areas. I am so glad that you have shared some of these talents with us here. Thank you.

Flynn is looking good...I especially like his hair, and well, just about all of him to tell the truth. Catalina is a nice surprise. She's beautiful...especially her long green hair...wow!!! I can't wait to learn more about her. :yes:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby augmentedfourth » Fri Feb 17, '12, 11:15 pm

I'm not Xander, but I'll answer Lucas's questions. :D

Based on the old character creation sheet that may or may not be floating around here somewhere, Catalina is definitely a RAmarl in PSO terms. She's got some offensive and healing/support techs at her disposal, but does most of her damage with a precisely-aimed gun. In the last bit of artwork I did for her (which isn't here, and as you've all seen, my artistic skills are FAR inferior to Xander's!), I based her combat suit off of some picture from another game Aeroprism posted as an example and HUcaseal armor (because I liked the lines of it). One weapon she's used, the Snow Queen, is also from PSO (though I've never personally used one).
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Postby Lucas » Sat Feb 18, '12, 9:00 am

augmentedfourth wrote:I'm not Xander, but I'll answer Lucas's questions. :D

Based on the old character creation sheet that may or may not be floating around here somewhere, Catalina is definitely a RAmarl in PSO terms. She's got some offensive and healing/support techs at her disposal, but does most of her damage with a precisely-aimed gun. In the last bit of artwork I did for her (which isn't here, and as you've all seen, my artistic skills are FAR inferior to Xander's!), I based her combat suit off of some picture from another game Aeroprism posted as an example and HUcaseal armor (because I liked the lines of it). One weapon she's used, the Snow Queen, is also from PSO (though I've never personally used one).

Most interesting, thanks for the reply. :)

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Next

Return to Artwork