Awesome Cinema Moments

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Awesome Cinema Moments

Postby Snorb » Mon Nov 29, '10, 9:25 pm

We all have our favorite moments in movies, so let's talk about them!

Star Trek: Nemesis
(The Enterprise, during the fight against the Scimitar, has run out of quantum torpedoes and phaser energy. Shinzon's taunting Picard over the communication channels, and Picard sends Troi a coded message to the helm console: STD BY FULL IMPULSE ON MY CMD.)
Picard: (after cutting Shinzon's signal off) All hands, brace for impact! Engage!
(The Enterprise lurches forward, accelerating towards the Scimitar. Shinzon's Reman crew looks to him, uncertain)
Shinzon: (stares at the Enterprise, as if trying to stare down Picard.)
(The Enterprise continues forward, music swelling to a dramatic head.)
Shinzon: (realization kicks in around here) HARD TO PORT!
(Too late! All hell breaks loose as the Enterprise's saucer section tears through the Scimitar's hull, scattering Remans, destroying consoles, and tearing apart deck plating!)
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Re: Awesome Cinema Moments

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 30, '10, 2:17 am

That was a great scene, probably the best in the whole of Nemesis.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tanith » Tue Nov 30, '10, 3:41 am

I have a few favorites:

1) Roy Batty's last lines from Blade Runner. "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe..." Oh, man. Soooo powerful. Makes you really contemplate the true measure of a life.

2) The chase scene in a Mini-Cooper in The Bourne Identity.

3) The power just went out in Jurassic Park and hey, t-rex on the loose. The dark, the rain, the freakishly quiet parts followed by lawyer carnage... my heart still races watching this scene.

4) Eowyn vs. the Witch King in Return of the King. OK, so not like it happened in the book, but still a fine piece of cinema. The whole battle is one of my favorite movie battles.

5) Terry-Thomas's hilarious, long-winded rant about American culture in It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. "...I'll wager you anything you like that if American women stopped wearing brassieres, your whole national economy would collapse overnight." Hahahaha!

6)Indiana Jones shoots the swordsman in Raiders of the Lost Arc. Guns trump swords; Phantasy Star could take a cue from that scene. ;)

7) The end of the 1993 adaption of The Secret Garden. This is such a marvelous and seriously overlooked movie. The ending is beautiful when you realize that a garden and a stubborn but imaginative little girl brought a very broken family back together. *sniff*

I'm sure I'll think of more later.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Dec 1, '10, 9:29 pm

I have many, but probably my absolute favorite is in "Gone With The Wind" in one of the final scenes when Scarlett asks Rhett "Where shall I go, what shall I do", and Rhett responds with "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!" The fog in this scene is really eerie!

One of the great classic lines and scenes of all time. :yes:

And, of course in an even later scene, Scarlett says something along the lines of "I'll think about it tomorrow. After all tomorrow is another day" or something like that.

I'll think of some of my other fave movie scenes and post them later. :)
Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Wed Dec 1, '10, 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Dec 1, '10, 9:33 pm

Just remembered another of my all time favorite movie scenes....the fight scene at the end of Rocky V..."never fight a street fighter's fight", :lol:

And later when the manager guy tells Rocky, "Touch me and I'll sue". Then Rocky belts him one and says "Sue me for what!"

My favorite "Rocky" movie. :yes:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Snorb » Thu Dec 2, '10, 2:36 am

Silver: I'll see your Rocky V and raise you Rocky Balboa. =p

(Mason Dixon throws a hard punch, catching Rocky in the head. Blood spews as he goes down to his knees, staggered and dazed. The sound, and Rocky's vision, distorts.)
Rocky: (thinking) What was it you said to the kid? It wasn't how hard you hit...
(black and white pictures of Adrian, Mickey, Paulie, and Adrian's grave flash frame-by-frame)
Rocky: (thinking) It's how hard you can get hit, and keep standing. Get up.
(the crowd starts chanting, "Rocky! Rocky!")
Rocky: (thinking) GET UP.
(Marie starts chanting with the crowd, as do Robert and Steps. The whole arena is chanting Rocky's name as he struggles to his feet...
...and as the music peaks, he does, to Mason Dixon's absolute shock. The audience rises as one, cheering, chanting Rocky's name for the rest of the fight.)
Last edited by Snorb on Thu Dec 2, '10, 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Read my social stuff!

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Dec 2, '10, 8:20 pm

Snorb wrote:Silver: I'll see your Rocky V and raise you Rocky Balboa. =p

:clap: Another terrific "Rocky" scene, Snorb! :)

"Rocky Balboa" may perhaps be the least favorite of mine of all the "Rocky" series of movies mainly because there were so many different directions I would have loved to have seen them take with the movie instead of what they did with it. Adrian's death is one example....absolutely hated that!!!!! :evil: I also thought they could have done more with Rocky's son than they did. I sure wish Sly Stallone's son could have done that role again as he did in the previous Rocky movie. He was a good actor. All in all though it was a pretty good movie and had some great scenes, as you pointed out up above! :yes:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Snorb » Fri Mar 11, '11, 7:38 pm

I just saw this one on SciFi, so yay for topic necromancy!

From Star Trek III- Kirk's rigged the Enterprise to self-destruct, and a Klingon boarding party has come aboard:

Klingon Officer: The bridge appears to be controlled by computer. It's speaking, m'lord.
Kruge: Speaking? Let me hear.
(the Klingon holds his communicator towards one of the Enterprise's consoles.)
Computer Voice: Eight. Seven. Six.
(cut back to the Bird of Prey's bridge. We get to see Christopher Lloyd's D= face as he realizes exactly what's going on on the Enterprise.)
Kruge: GET OUT! GET OUT OF THERE! GET OUT! GET OUUUUUUUUT!
(The Klingons look at each other, confused, as the destruct sequence times out. The entire saucer section of the Enterprise explodes in a series of controlled detonations, killing the Klingons and sending the stern section hurtling into the Genesis Planet's atmosphere. Kirk and the crew watch the Enterprise die.)
Kirk: My God... what have I done?
Bones: What you had to. What you've always done- turn death into a fighting chance to live.

(a bit later)
Kirk: Klingon commander, this is Admiral James T. Kirk! I am alive and well on the planet's surface. This may come as a pleasant surprise to you, but my ship was the victim of an "unforeseen accident!" Sorry about your crew, but as we say on Earth, c'est la vie!
Read my social stuff!

Play my games!

Snorb

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Mar 13, '11, 7:38 pm

Ah, that was a good moment in Star Trek, Snorb. Been awhile since I've seen that one but reading this makes me want to watch all of the Star Trek movies and stuff again. :yes:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Mar 13, '11, 9:38 pm

If I had to pick a favorite scene in any movie ever, and I'm being honest with myself, it has to be when the oliphaunts arrive at Pellenor Fields in Return of the King.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Next

Return to Feature Films