Artwork Finished: “A Rose For Alys”

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

So, I'm thinking about stopping the typographic image project… but I wanted everyone elses opinion on the matter. Question: Should the typographic image project continue, or should I quit while I'm ahead? CAST YOUR VOTES!!!!

No!!! You've got a good thing going on!!
78%
Yeah, you should stop.
22%

Total votes : 9

Artwork Finished: “A Rose For Alys”

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Oct 29, '08, 4:17 pm

I call it "A Rose For Alys". It's a tribute to the final heroine that was sacrificed for the sake of Algo.
As some of you may have guessed, I'm absolutely nuts about Alys. It seemed fitting that I make tangible, the deep sorrow I felt (and still feel) when Alys was atrociously ripped from us all by tyros imbecile with a gesture of his claw. Needless to say, Alys was (and still is) a pillar of hope who instilled a sense of vigilance in us all when she took us under her wing.
I know I'm getting worked up over a video game character, but as fellow PS fans I think you can all understand how passionate I get when I talk about a key moment in PSIV.
And so, I unveil my work with this prose:

Stay forever in our hearts, so we may never forget you and the good that came from your life
O, Alys Brangwin.

Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Celeith » Wed Oct 29, '08, 4:35 pm

I think I began to actually cry after seeing this image and reading all the text on it.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Oct 29, '08, 4:48 pm

I'm really moved by your comment. I tried to replicate the same sorrow felt when Alys dies.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Celeith » Wed Oct 29, '08, 5:29 pm

I mean I understand how you feel though Heik. I would always keep a spare save on my game because that way I could always have Alys. And when I was younger I thought that there might be a way to save her if she was stronger so I continued to level her up, reaching into the high 50's, and searching far and wide for any sort of side quest thta would enable her to have some kinda protection.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Thu Oct 30, '08, 5:30 am

Excellent work! You captured her really well. I can't quite make out all the text on my monitor, but I'm sure it conveys the feelings many of us had when she was lost very well.

Also, she reminds me of a cat here. That smile and her eyes just make her look very catty.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Thu Oct 30, '08, 7:06 am

Legendary pic mate I like it it really captures Alys through image and words.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Oct 30, '08, 1:57 pm

Took me a while to read all the text. Is that every single speaking line she has in the game? Regardless, well done, Heikabuchi! :clap: You certainly do capture one of the more emotional moments I've seen in a video game.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Heikabuchi » Thu Oct 30, '08, 2:33 pm

Thank you! Thank you all! I really appreciate all your kind words! Now, my friends, I've come to a crossroad… Who should I do next? I'm open to suggestions. =)
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Lemina » Thu Oct 30, '08, 9:15 pm

Wow, that is truly awesomeness! I can even make out the words on her! You've got talent.

Who should I do next?

Rune of course~

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Tsunami » Thu Oct 30, '08, 9:20 pm

It's difficult to read some of the text that's blended together, like the hair, but this is definitely something I've never seen before. Interesting, if not unique, take on this, Heik. How long did it take you to make this?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Next

Return to Artwork