A little bit of fanart :)

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

A little bit of fanart :)

Postby Lamanai » Fri May 22, '09, 5:11 am

I had been meaning to practice cel-shading coloring for awhile, so I sketched up this little picture of Lutz and colored away. Any comments/critiques are perfectly welcome. :)

Lamanai
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 11

Re: A little bit of fanart :)

Postby Rune_Walsh » Fri May 22, '09, 6:01 am

:yikes: Omg, Lamanai! *fangirl squeal* Lutz!!! This is soooooooo kawaii! And freaking awesome! And... and... and... just... so amazing!

You have talent, m'lady! I loves it!!!
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Lucas » Fri May 22, '09, 11:12 am

Hey very nice Lamanai it all looks so smooth and neatly done. :up: It also sounds like you got Rune_Walsh all excited over it too. :rofl:
Keep up the great artwork :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Darkil » Fri May 22, '09, 1:38 pm

It's....It's....IT'S FAN GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes: ::points at Rune_Walsh and runs away like the old Godzilla movies::

Just kidding :D

That's an awesome picture! I like how it looks somewhat "older" as if someone from Motavia found an old pic of Lutz and painted it now. Really great job! :up: Hope to see more from you.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri May 22, '09, 2:18 pm

But she IS a fangirl, Darkil! BIG TIME!!! *Runs away with Darkil.*

Anyway, that is a really freaking good picture. Especially the coloring. It is very...smooth, as Lucas put it. And generally awesome. :up:
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lamanai » Fri May 22, '09, 6:19 pm

Rune_Walsh:*grins* Hehe, Thanks! I'm really glad you like it! :D

Lucas: Thanks! Smooth was what I was aiming for- I don't usually color that way, so I'm glad to know it worked. :)

Darkil: Ha- now I'm imagining bad scifi movies with titles like "The Fan girls from outer space". Cue the dramatic music! *dun Dun DUUUUN*

Caged Wolf:: Thanks so much!
Lamanai
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Postby Thoul » Fri May 22, '09, 7:59 pm

Very nice, Lamanai! I particularly like the coloring and the detail on all the yellow parts. You did an excellent job in capturing the character. Like Darkil said, I like the more mature look; I can see this as the Lutz who founded Esper Mansion much better than any other version of the character I've seen.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Rune_Walsh » Fri May 22, '09, 9:59 pm

Haha! *blushes* Yes, I am a rabid fangirl when it comes to Lutz or (especially) Rune Walsh ... period! And proud of it, dang it - or, er... maybe not (*cough signature cough*). :lol:

Yes, I agree with everyone that this fanart of Lutz is a mature, detailed expression of him; very Phantasy Star II- esque. It's so awesome!

Lamanai - are you on DeviantArt, by chance?
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Lamanai » Sat May 23, '09, 1:01 am

Well, I didn't purposely set out for him to look more mature, but I can see what you guys mean. It must've been subconscious on my part- I've always thought PSII era Lutz was interesting. (It's probably just my art style, though, since I'm not an anime-style artist by any means :lol: )

Thoul- I'm glad you like the detailing on the yellow! I can't find a link right now, but that part was very much inspired by one of Rieko Kodama's drawings of the character. (EDIT: Found it! http://www.psalgo.com/full-image-902.html)

Rune_Walsh wrote:Haha! *blushes* Yes, I am a rabid fangirl when it comes to Lutz or (especially) Rune Walsh ... period! And proud of it, dang it - or, er... maybe not (*cough signature cough*). :lol:

Yes, I agree with everyone that this fanart of Lutz is a mature, detailed expression of him; very Phantasy Star II- esque. It's so awesome!

Lamanai - are you on DeviantArt, by chance?

Nothing wrong with being fangirlish! Rune and Lutz are both awesome characters. (I love your signature by the way :lol:) I am on Devart, though I've only recently started updating it again- most stuff there is from before 2008. http://drowningdawn.deviantart.com/
Lamanai
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Postby Lemina » Sat May 23, '09, 1:48 pm

That's gorgeous! Especially the coloring--it looks like a professional did it~ Great job!

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Next

Return to Artwork