Archie to propose

Converse about your favorite literature and reading in this study.

Archie to propose

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu May 21, '09, 2:48 am

Fans of Comic Books will probably remember the Archie comics with Archie, Betty, Veronica, Jughead, Reggie, Mr. Witherspoon, etc., etc., etc.

Well, now it seems that at long last, Archie is going to propose to either Betty or Veronica in a comic due out soon. Which one do you think Archie will pop the question to? Or will it be someone else besides these two girls? Even if a proposal is made, do you think they will ever get married in a upcoming issue???

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/30846812/?gt1=43001

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Archie to propose

Postby Lamanai » Thu May 21, '09, 5:48 am

Maybe it'll be that red-haired girl! (No idea what her name was... haven't picked up an Archie comic in at least ten years. haha)

Somehow I suspect it will end with no one being proposed to. :D
Lamanai
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 11

Postby Rune_Walsh » Thu May 21, '09, 8:06 am

I hope it's Betty; Veronica is stuck up.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Darkil » Thu May 21, '09, 1:40 pm

Maybe it'll be S_S :o

Just kidding. Even if the proposal goes through, I'm sure it'll be quite a ways away before the wedding takes place.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri May 22, '09, 5:12 am

Yeah, I have my doubts that the wedding will eventually take place too. Even if it does, I can see this happening. Archie will marry Betty (good girl) but then after the marriage he will become smitten again by Veronica (bad girl), thus causing a divorce or a love affair with Veronica which leads to a big mess overall. It might sell a few comics though. :wink: :D

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Rune_Walsh » Sat Feb 20, '10, 8:46 pm

Silver, you predicted it right; Archie married Veronica and Betty, but only in his imagination!

Still, I LOVED the "Archie Marries Betty" arc, and I'm almost finished with a fanart of Betty and Arch on their honeymoon. Tee hee. :D

Speaking of Archie, though, does anyone remember the "Archie's Weird Mysteries" show?
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Feb 23, '10, 2:17 am

Rune_Walsh wrote:Silver, you predicted it right; Archie married Veronica and Betty, but only in his imagination!

Still, I LOVED the "Archie Marries Betty" arc, and I'm almost finished with a fanart of Betty and Arch on their honeymoon. Tee hee. :D

Speaking of Archie, though, does anyone remember the "Archie's Weird Mysteries" show?

HAHA that show was awesome... It truly was amusing to watch!

But yeah, honestly I thought Archie would never propose to either of them. Though it always did seem like he would Propose to Veronica, however he would get shot down and Betty would come on the rebound. Hmm...
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue Feb 23, '10, 3:27 pm

Rune_Walsh wrote:I hope it's Betty; Veronica is stuck up.

Ditto, RW. I've always loved Betty, but Veronica has a heart of gold too, you know. :wink:
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Rune_Walsh » Tue Feb 23, '10, 10:09 pm

Atlinsmere wrote:
HAHA that show was awesome... It truly was amusing to watch!

But yeah, honestly I thought Archie would never propose to either of them. Though it always did seem like he would Propose to Veronica, however he would get shot down and Betty would come on the rebound. Hmm...

Word! I still watch it from time to time on youtube. It's hilarious!

I agree that Archie could never chose between them, and sometimes I do think Betty deserves better than Archie. Archie, though, is just as crazy about Betty as he is Veronica, but Veronica flaunts herself more and dazzles with her designer clothes and money, so as a result he tends to dump everything for Ronnie. However, Archie is very possessive of Betty and calls her "his girl" and is immensely jealous if other guys hit on her. I think Veronica's allure is that she's hot, and Betty is cute girl-next-door who plays sports and is intelligent to boot. I'd say Betty's allure is more of a love-centric nature than mere lust, but who knows who Archie truly loves, if he does at all.

A lot of fans ship Betty with Jughead instead (who treats her with so much kindness and respect, but let's face it, Jughead's true love is food). :D

Lyla2284 wrote:
Ditto, RW. I've always loved Betty, but Veronica has a heart of gold too, you know. :wink:

She does have a good heart deep down, but she also intentionally hurts Betty at times, too. In the Archie marries Betty arc, Veronica was going to sabotage Betty's wedding and wear a sleazy dress, until Reggie said something and made her think twice about it. For instances like that, she's no favorite character of mine, but yes, she isn't a total lout.

Honestly, though, I think Ronnie's ideal match is Reggie; they're so much alike. In the Archie Marries Betty arc, Ronnie actually does marry Reggie. ;)
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Rune_Walsh » Sat Mar 6, '10, 5:29 am

OK, I hope Thoul doesn't mind the double post.

Here's that easy schmeezy fan art I was talking about. Silver, I'd like to dedicate this to you, since you started this thread. :D

Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Next

Return to Leapin' Library