Arcades!

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Sep 24, '07, 11:54 pm

Atolm wrote:Do not know what you folks are talking about! I have been to the arcade two times in the last two months and had a blast with friends. DDR, Parapara paradise are some of my favorites! I think simply as long as you are having a good time, that is what really matters. I do not even spend alot of money there, 20 bucks brings to me a round of golf and stuck in the arcade for about 4-5 hours. XD
At least they're getting some new games. I miss Captain Commando. :(
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Thoul » Fri Oct 5, '07, 7:59 am

Say, do you remember those massive game machines that you would sit down on (or in) and they would actually move in response to the controls? I think Afterburner, where you pilot a plane, was one. Maybe there was a Star Wars game, too. Anyone ever play any of those? I tried one, but was never very good at it. I think the sudden and sharp movements of the machine almost made me sick once.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Oct 6, '07, 1:07 am

Thoul wrote:Say, do you remember those massive game machines that you would sit down on (or in) and they would actually move in response to the controls? I think Afterburner, where you pilot a plane, was one. Maybe there was a Star Wars game, too. Anyone ever play any of those? I tried one, but was never very good at it. I think the sudden and sharp movements of the machine almost made me sick once.
Oh yeah... I remember those. I only remember the flight sims, like Afterburner though. Maybe there was one or two that were cars, but I can't remember the names of them. :D How about the early 90's VR games! :lol: It was "the wave of the future" with those goggles. Those games were awful, and expensive! :2c:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Thoul » Sat Oct 6, '07, 5:42 am

Haha, yeah, those things didn't last very long at all, did they? All the VR stuff died off really quickly. Remember the virtual system Nintendo made? That's the only game system that gave me a headache in less than five minutes. I tried one out at a Toys R Us one time and I couldn't see straight for about ten minutes afterward.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby The $ Avenger » Sun Oct 7, '07, 2:52 am

Thoul wrote:Haha, yeah, those things didn't last very long at all, did they? All the VR stuff died off really quickly. Remember the virtual system Nintendo made? That's the only game system that gave me a headache in less than five minutes. I tried one out at a Toys R Us one time and I couldn't see straight for about ten minutes afterward.
Virtual Boy! :boggled: My brother and I bought one for $20 bucks once it tanked. It was interesting for amount 10 minutes, but the flight sim/shooter, (can't remember the name,) always ended in a plane crash since it didn't tell you in the game or the manual how to get fuel... what a piece of trash! :dunce:
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Thoul » Mon Oct 8, '07, 8:49 am

Did anyone ever manage to fully complete any arcade games? You know, go all the way from the beginning to the ending in one playing (no matter how many quarters it took ;)).

The only game I ever managed to play all the way through was X-Men. There were a few others I tried, but that's the only one I took to completion. I did get a few NES/Genesis versions of arcade games and managed to finish those, but I guess it is not quite the same thing.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby The $ Avenger » Tue Oct 9, '07, 12:45 am

Thoul wrote:Did anyone ever manage to fully complete any arcade games? You know, go all the way from the beginning to the ending in one playing (no matter how many quarters it took ;)).

The only game I ever managed to play all the way through was X-Men. There were a few others I tried, but that's the only one I took to completion. I did get a few NES/Genesis versions of arcade games and managed to finish those, but I guess it is not quite the same thing.
I only played the X-Men game for a short time, since I could never get a crowd to play it with me, which was highly entertaining in those types of fighters!

Street Fighter 2, when I'd played the home game to death, even on the hardest difficulty. It still took a couple of bucks!!
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Previous

Return to General Gaming