Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, '09, 11:02 pm 
Surely, I can't be the only fan of Ambient music at this fine forum?

The best Ambient artists make music that is capable of transporting us to another place,time, or even moodset. When you just get really engrossed by something, in a way that few other genres are rarely capable of doing. So...anyone?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, '09, 1:52 am 
Actually, you're not totally alone in this. Though I'm a metalhead, my boyfriend is into some ambient music and I pick up some of it from him. Granted...I can't remember the names of any of the artists, but when I hear it, I do like a lot of it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, '09, 2:06 am 
i am in the dark. what is ambient music?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, '09, 3:05 am 
Caged Wolf wrote:Actually, you're not totally alone in this. Though I'm a metalhead

Oh, your a metalhead too? It looks like we'll have to talk shop about Metal music one of these days then :)

snowdragon wrote:i am in the dark. what is ambient music?

Ambient is a hard genre to describe, but this may help you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambient_music

also I can try to find you some sound samples if your interested :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, '09, 3:59 am 
i like ambient music a lot. i'm really into svarte greiner, william basinski, brian eno, agf, etc. the past few earth albums have been great, too, even if they're more "drone" or "stoner" than ambient.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, '09, 7:17 am 
Ambient is good. I am partial to some Enigma and moby songs myself. I think Twleve Girls Band redid Moby's song clocks too. Anyway, listening to hard music is good but I feel that music like this evens it out. And it's good to have a taste that is dabbled into different bits and piecies of music. :clap:

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]