Any Shadowgate fans?

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Any Shadowgate fans?

Postby hugues » Fri Oct 3, '08, 8:05 pm

I used to run a Shadowgate fan site on ClassicGaming.com (which was involuntarily moved to PlanetNintendo.com). I recently moved it to my domain - http://huguesjohnson.com/guides/shadowgate/ in case I decide to ever update it again (the PlanetNintendo site was a pain to update).

Lately I've been thinking about moving it all to a new domain and Wiki system. I'm debating if it's worth the effort though. Going the Wiki route requires some effort to keep it spam-free so I'd need to find a couple editors to approve edits. I just don't know if there's enough interest in the series out there anymore.

So anyone here a fan of the series?
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Thoul » Sat Oct 4, '08, 12:45 am

I enjoyed the NES game when I played it back in the day, but I never got very far into it. It was a real puzzler.

In my opinion, Wiki systems are overrated for sites like this. I thought about using on here on this very site, but it wouldn't be worth dealing with all the spam and misinformation that would come up.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby hugues » Mon Oct 13, '08, 12:39 am

Thoul wrote:In my opinion, Wiki systems are overrated for sites like this. I thought about using on here on this very site, but it wouldn't be worth dealing with all the spam and misinformation that would come up.

That's what I'm stuck on right now - seems like more trouble than it's worth. http://www.zeldawiki.org/ is a good site because they have many contributors looking out for stuff like that. For a smaller series, it would be too much of a solo effort to keep up.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Return to Retro Roundup