Stuck in PS Generation 2

Continue the story of Algo in side story, remake, and collection games.

Stuck in PS Generation 2

Postby asdf12321 » Sat Aug 16, '08, 5:00 pm

Hello friends.
After playing the original genesis Phantasy Star II over 15 years ago, I decided to take on the Sega Ages remake, Phantasy Star Generation II, for the PS2.
My problem is that I can't read Japanese and I'm stuck. After returning the bio system labs' blackbox recording thingy to the commander in Paseo and hearing the librarian explanation, I remember I was supposed to be given a key to the bridge that's just to the south of the lab, but I'm not, and that pipe remains closed.
What am I missing?
asdf12321
Newcomer
Newcomer

Achievements: 8

Postby Celeith » Sat Aug 16, '08, 5:52 pm

theres one final stick of dynamite that you get, use that and it'll blow open the path. it should of been in the bio lab where u got the recorder. I believe thats how I did it, which I'm at UZO right now and haven't played the game in awhile so i'm kinda sketchy on all the details. Oh and if u get past this, good luck with Zema.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby asdf12321 » Sat Aug 16, '08, 7:47 pm

Thank you for your reply. It seems Eusis mentions dynamite when I examine the door at the pipe (seems he likes to blast government property :) ), but I can't find anymore sticks of the explosive in the lab. I did find one, but had to use it to blast one door inside the lab to gain access to the big pit that drops me to the basement.
asdf12321
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Celeith » Sat Aug 16, '08, 8:47 pm

Ok I was partially wrong its been so long since I played. The tube key that opens West Gate to Zema and Kueri is somewhere, just where could it be, its been so long.. I think if you head back to your home, see if someone pops up, then head back to the governor, talk with everyone in the governors office, then go back to him and he should give you the key. And YAY ^^, finally someone else who calls him Eusis like me instead of that awful english name *no offense to anyone named Rolf*

also I don't know if it'll help you much, probably not it only helped me a little but try this site. it has translations on all the items and stuff, not so much of a walkthrough but it gives u a general idea of what your looking for.

http://rpg-home.lunar-net.com/psg2-web/index.html
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby asdf12321 » Mon Aug 18, '08, 2:49 am

Kaloes wrote:Ok I was partially wrong its been so long since I played. The tube key that opens West Gate to Zema and Kueri is somewhere, just where could it be, its been so long.. I think if you head back to your home, see if someone pops up, then head back to the governor, talk with everyone in the governors office, then go back to him and he should give you the key. And YAY ^^, finally someone else who calls him Eusis like me instead of that awful english name *no offense to anyone named Rolf*

Hi. Thanks for your help. Very useful page you got me. I got the key. And of course I'd call him Eusis. That * his name, and between you and me, I like it more than Rolf.

Now if I can impose for your help one more time, I'm now stuck before getting the Scooter, as I have talked to everyone, motavians and palmians, and the old guy next to the gun shop just won't sell me the Polymetryl.

also I don't know if it'll help you much, probably not it only helped me a little but try this site. it has translations on all the items and stuff, not so much of a walkthrough but it gives u a general idea of what your looking for.

http://rpg-home.lunar-net.com/psg2-web/index.html
asdf12321
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Celeith » Mon Aug 18, '08, 5:29 am

oh god that part gave me so much trouble, damn scooter.. oh wait i think i remember now, go back to your house and anna? should join you. then you should be able to get the dialog changed with some of the people in town and get some options then u should be able to fix the bridge in the west then when in the next town go back to your house and get kainz? and then go back and then u can get the stuff where u can understand the motavian language then u can get the scooter. Oh btw who are u using for the final group, me I'm using Eusis Shir Anna and Amy as my group, I don't think I'll load up my PSIG data for the ressurection part of PSIIG since its not cannon to the series but anyways who are u gonna be using?
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby asdf12321 » Mon Aug 18, '08, 5:58 pm

Hi. I did all that. After getting the Motavian Ring to understand their language, I talked with all the native Motavians about Laconia and the Polymetryl, after which the guy is supposed to sell it to me, but he just doesn't. I'm *so* frustrated. :fiery:

I finished the original game with Eusis, Anna, Amy and Rudolf. *IF* I get to finish it this time around, I think I'll include Hugh because his Sulfur skill can paralyze both the Dark Force and the Mother Brain, probably instead of Anna, whose skill is not that useful IMHO.

Although Nei's skill rocks, I won't revive her because its too much of a hassle for someone who can't read but a few katakana characters.
Last edited by asdf12321 on Mon Aug 18, '08, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asdf12321
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Celeith » Mon Aug 18, '08, 7:32 pm

Yea this was a fun part for me to >.<, I believe all I did was talk to everyone like two to three times then went back to the guy that'll sell it to you. I'm not 100% sure though. But thats the toughest part of the whole game.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Srijita » Mon Aug 18, '08, 8:44 pm

Kaloes wrote:Oh btw who are u using for the final group, me I'm using Eusis Shir Anna and Amy as my group,

[face=Times New Roman]* NONSPECIFIC SPOILER ALERT***

(But you've played before anyhow :wink: )

Since the PS2 Endgame is a double-whammy, why not give everyone a chance? I used Rolf + 3 characters for the first Boss, followed by Rolf + the other 3 characters for the second. It takes a bit of time to train six of them up to the appropriate level, but if you're attached to all the characters (as was I), it's quite satisfying :)

[/face]
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Celeith » Mon Aug 18, '08, 10:24 pm

The only problem with Shir is that she'll occasionally run off cause of her stealing, basically I'm countering that by making sure I'm stocked up on goods since you have a larger variety of item space on this game as well as a storage system back in Paseo. But Shir is never leaving my party after the Neifirst battle and I only do this because of a certain weapon I'm trying to get made and only Shir can make it. In this game its actually quite easy to train your characters all equally. Just set your in home characters to the training option and I believe they get half of the gained xp you get from battles, I know when I did this my Shir shot up from level 1 to 25 within like 10 minutes of me getting her. I really need to get through PSIG though, I still haven't gotten Noah/Lutz yet and since its old school you gotta talk with everyone and get dialog change then rinse and repeat then advance so yea PSIG is time consuming for me since I know very little katakana myself. Now if they're actually speaking it I can understand it no problem.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Return to Other Classics