Annoying video game enemies

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: Annoying video game enemies

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Mar 14, '14, 2:35 pm

In reference to my previous post on clickers and since they continue to be the main source of my frequent dying in The Last of Us, I bring to you the joyous sound of clicking clickers. And images of them…which are equally joyous. Seeing and hearing them is important to what makes them annoying but awesome. I may never look at fungus the same way again.

The end sound is one of these lovely creatures grabbing you and attaching itself to your jugular.

Seriously though, if you have a PS3, get this game.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Fri Mar 14, '14, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Fri Mar 14, '14, 9:26 pm

I've juste head th sod and this is surely highly strange and sort of digusting ! Thanks for the link but I donc't have a PS3 and will surely never have it ...but this game seems to be great :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Mar 15, '14, 1:48 am

I think disgusting and strange is exactly what Naughty Dog was going for! The creative director got the idea for the game after watching the BBC documentary Planet Earth. There's a segment in an episode about jungles where they examine the Cordyceps fungus; it infects ants and literally takes over their minds. The segment is available on YouTube. The Last of Us is basically about this fungus making a jump to humans. I describe these clickers in my previous post on these guys and why they are annoying (and creepy and strange and disgusting…and deadly…) I posted the video because they continue to be the bane of my existence in my attempts to survive in that game, and because that sound is so creepy.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sat Mar 15, '14, 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby S4Blade » Sat Mar 15, '14, 12:45 pm

I must admit that does sound pretty freaky. I will probably get The Last Of Us sometime down the road when it's $20. I hear it's good though.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Mar 15, '14, 1:14 pm

I think what makes it creepy (or at least part of it) is that it still sounds just vaguely, slightly human at times. Like the game just constantly reminds you that these are people...who have now suffered a fate probably worse than death (though the fungus does ultimately kill its host, the game makes that clear).

Definitely get it. I've already seen some used copies for $20 at GameStop.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sat Mar 15, '14, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolf Bird

Postby myau56 » Sat Mar 15, '14, 3:24 pm

Seems vaguely, slightly human ? So "very" vaguely ! :lol:
Yes I'm sure that it was exactly what Naughty Dog was going for too : the more disgusting it is, the more it's efficient.
Unfortunately, I think I'll never play this game cause I don't have the needed console BUT I hope to at last test it one day :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby S4Blade » Sat Mar 15, '14, 5:19 pm

Wolf Bird wrote:Definitely get it. I've already seen some used copies for $20 at GameStop.

I don't buy used games, nor would I ever set foot in a Gamestop. :wink:

I have plenty of patience. No need to have my games right away.
Last edited by S4Blade on Sat Mar 15, '14, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby myau56 » Sun Mar 16, '14, 9:46 pm

VISTABLADE : No used games ? Strange ! But why not if you can find no used games at a low price :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby S4Blade » Mon Mar 17, '14, 12:02 am

myau56 wrote:VISTABLADE : No used games ? Strange ! But why not if you can find no used games at a low price :)

I used to be a video game collector. So I used to pride myself on my pristine collection of games, and while I'm no longer a game collector, I've still retained that mentality.

Buying used games doesn't really fit into my agenda. I'd rather spend a little more and get a game new, and not have to deal with missing items and messed up cases. I keep all of my games locked up in storage bins in my closets. I leave nothing out to collect dust. I even keep my systems locked away when I'm not using them. I only take them out when I want to use them. Yes it's freakish I know.

It's just how I am, I don't look down on people that buy used games or anything.
Last edited by S4Blade on Mon Mar 17, '14, 12:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Previous

Return to General Gaming