Anime

Drawn or CGI, animated movies and shows fit well with the gaming crowd.

Postby Neithird » Tue Nov 6, '07, 7:01 am

I've only seen stuff on TV too. The most recent show I watched was Street Fighter, when it was airing on Sci-Fi channel a few weeks ago. It was good, but they stopped in the middle of the story. :x
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Heikabuchi » Sat Nov 10, '07, 10:31 am

Two words. =|

BLUE GENDER!
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby LordShibas » Tue Nov 13, '07, 12:07 am

Tsunami wrote:I do like quite a few, but some aren't kid-friendly due to extreme violence, gore, etc., so I won't be listing those! ;) So, because of that, it's hard for me to make a list. I dislike leaving some out, but it has to be this way if I wish to follow the rules! :D

Wait, you're worried about offending people with your anime selection, yet you included Elfen Lied on your list? The majority of the series is about the Diclonius children fighting and brutally slaying each other. Limbs are torn from people and characters, heads are ripped off, guts are spilled everywhere, and don't forget the copious amounts of child nudity. Also the first 15 minutes of Elfen Lied is one of the most brutal and flat out disturbing scenes I have ever seen in anime..............................................that being said................................I agree, it's very good.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Nov 13, '07, 1:29 am

That sounds like my kind of anime, but I'm constantly being watched.....*shifty eyes*
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 13, '07, 2:16 am

Heikabuchi wrote:Two words. =|

BLUE GENDER!

I don't think I'm familiar with that one, though I could swear I've heard the name before. What's it about?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Tue Nov 13, '07, 3:03 am

LordShibas wrote:Wait, you're worried about offending people with your anime selection, yet you included Elfen Lied on your list?
[snip]
Yes, but Thoul said not to get into the details! But listing it was fine, as states the following quote...

Thoul wrote:Listing their names would be okay. As long as there's no explicit descriptions, screencaps or videos of the excessive scenes in the show, it's fine.

LordShibas, just be happy that I didn't list some of the others I've seen (a friend of mine recommended 'em, he has a weird taste for these things). But no, they weren't that good and were extremely violent, gory, etc., and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Sure, Elfen Lied has many bad things in it, but you listed only the negatives.

SparkyIII wrote:That sounds like my kind of anime, but I'm constantly being watched.....*shifty eyes*
I thought the story was good. Sad, but not that bad. Since our friend LordShibas already listed why not to watch it, you may wanna keep that in mind in the event that you do decide to view it.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby LordShibas » Tue Nov 13, '07, 3:18 am

I didn't say not to watch it, in fact at the end of my post, I said that I enjoyed Elfen Lied. I just thought you were not listing anime that might offend people. Hell I don't care, talk about Tentacle Princess 9 if you want to ;)

Not that I watch H stuff, because I really don't.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Tsunami » Tue Nov 13, '07, 3:25 am

LordShibas wrote:I didn't say not to watch it, in fact at the end of my post, I said that I enjoyed Elfen Lied. I just thought you were not listing anime that might offend people. Hell I don't care, talk about Tentacle Princess 9 if you want to ;)
Alright, alright, I guess I took it the wrong way (and I did see what you said at the end). I just like to practice caution, y'know? :D

Not that I watch H stuff, because I really don't.
H stuff scares me, really. It boggles my mind how some people have a fascination with these things.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Snorb » Tue Nov 13, '07, 3:46 am

SparkyIII wrote:I used to come home, do my homework, then sit and watch sailor moon every day. Too bad, now when I go watch that show, I wonder how it ever got into me. XD

Hey, another Sailor Moon fan! Last time I saw the show was... an eternity ago, sadly. However, did watch Sailor Moon SuperS: Black Dream Hole a few weeks ago after an aborted D&D game, where the group and I came up with the realization that they're the worst Dungeons and Dragons party ever.

Brought back a lot of memories, because that was my first anime. DONT JUDGE ME >_<

Dabbled a bit with Naruto and Pokemon, but haven't really watched too much, aside from a few episodes of Yu Yu Hakushou and Mahou Sensei Negima. I'm more of a manga fan ^_^;

And no, I don't have any Sailor Moon manga. That makes the baby Clefairy cry =(
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Nov 13, '07, 4:59 am

Lol, I think Dragon Ball Z was my first anime, then we all started watching Sailor moon, and completely forgot about the other one. I thought here and there about getting more sailor moon just a couple days ago, but sadly, its not very fun anymore.

My favorite parts were the epic scenes where everyone would be transforming at once:

Mars Star Power!!! (Moon moon moon moon moon moon moon, sailor moooon!)
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

PreviousNext

Return to Awesome Animation