Best Games of 2011

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Best Games of 2011

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Dec 28, '11, 2:14 am

Lots of video games came out in 2011. Which of these 2011 video games do you consider to be the best of the bunch?

See if you agree with the video game choices listed at the links below:

http://games.yahoo.com/photos/game-of-t ... slideshow/

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... titialskip

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Best Games of 2011

Postby MrKite » Wed Dec 28, '11, 5:27 am

THE BEST game of 2011 in my book is Sonic Generations!
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby tilinelson2 » Wed Dec 28, '11, 4:28 pm

These lists are very much biased and limited. Most of these lists are "best high-profile games" or "best games I, editor, care about".
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby Wing Eye » Thu Dec 29, '11, 12:05 am

I'm almost offended that neither list had Catherine in it, especially after the fantastic reviews that game got.
I have to agree with Skyrim for best RPG, I'm not even a big fan of western RPGs but my friend convinced me to play it, I'm now 60 hours in and loving every second.
Check out my Phantasy Star parody comic
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Phantasy_Star_Replay
Wing Eye
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 297

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Dec 30, '11, 12:11 am

LA Noire definitely deserves to be on the list. Glad it's at least on one of them!
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Sun Jan 1, '12, 4:32 am

Those lists are about half of what I expected to see. I get the impression that they're more geared toward the latter half of the year, but that may just be a coincidence.

Wing Eye wrote:I'm almost offended that neither list had Catherine in it, especially after the fantastic reviews that game got.

I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised that one isn't getting on more "best of the year" lists. The reviewers seemed to love it, but the hype for the game has died down a lot in the past month or two.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby tilinelson2 » Mon Jan 9, '12, 10:04 am

Thoul wrote:Those lists are about half of what I expected to see. I get the impression that they're more geared toward the latter half of the year, but that may just be a coincidence.

Wing Eye wrote:I'm almost offended that neither list had Catherine in it, especially after the fantastic reviews that game got.

I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised that one isn't getting on more "best of the year" lists. The reviewers seemed to love it, but the hype for the game has died down a lot in the past month or two.

It is much like the Oscar and other awards, people tend to forget about the movies/games released towards the beginning of the year when they are flooded by high-profile titles (which doesn't mean they are better) towards the holiday season.

Some categories of the first list have some awkward results. For example, I'm sure the person who compiled the best handheld games is not even aware that PSP exists.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Return to In the News