Angry Birds movie

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Angry Birds movie

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat May 21, '16, 2:36 am

I heard that the movie "Angry Birds" based on the game of the same name is now out in theaters. Has anyone seen it yet? I read some reviews on it that were not so good. Just wondering what others thought of the movie.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Angry Birds movie

Postby Icecypher » Sat May 21, '16, 7:56 am

I did not need reviews to imagine it would not be good...

I have never played the games, so I do not know if they have a bis story or just a general plot, but I guess the latter. So they could create any story from scratch, which would give it a chance of being good.

But since Angry Birds has always been linked to doing lots of money quickly and with little effort, my mind is set to think the producers and investors keep that same mentality even now, so cheap jokes and no real content.

I was not even aware children actually liked Angry Birds (I thought it was mostly teen and adults with cell phones, lots of free time and no imaginations), but they must have been bombarded with ads, because I have heard little kids wanting to see it...
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 63

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat May 21, '16, 2:53 pm

I didn't even know it was thing until I logged onto Amazon last weekend and was bombarded with a giant ad for it. I know nothing about it and I don't care. All I've heard is on the newest Podquisition and they were saying going by reviews, it's terrible.

No surprise there.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Icecypher » Sat May 21, '16, 10:41 pm

I've been having to watch their stupid trailer the two times I went to watch Civil War, plus all the poster and and spots while waiting in the movie theater's food area.

I do not watch TV, but I know they are airing commercials for the movie. Perhaps they marked Mexico as a good country for the franchise (I know more people who plays/played Candy Crush, though), and we're getting bombarded more than you in the US. :ill:
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 63

Return to Feature Films