Aieeeee!

A new Phantasy Star image added to the site three days a week!

Aieeeee!

Postby Thoul » Mon Sep 8, '08, 8:15 am

The Aero-Prism has the power to reveal that which is hidden. When it sends out a beam of light to seek Rykros, the new guy in the group, Seth, covers his face and screams in pain. What could be going on here? Rune seemed quite suspicious of the guy, but what does this mean? Surely there's not more to the conveniently placed new character that wasn't even mentioned in the manual than meets the eye. We wouldn't see that coming at all, right everyone? ;p

This image can also be selected as an avatar from the galleries on the avatar tab of the Member Control Panel.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Mon Sep 8, '08, 8:51 am

funny...nice comment there Thoul :wink: :p

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Celeith » Mon Sep 8, '08, 4:15 pm

I knew there was something odd about Seth the very moment I landed on that island. I thought, wait this guy wasn't in the manual, so I went back and looked and thought, well maybe they didn't add him because they ran out of room to put him in the book. So I put up my manual and go play the game, going through I check Seth's skills in battle, knowing I've seen these before but it had been so long I had almost forgotten. Using corrosion I was like, hah Dark Force must of gotten him and he's trying to screw with me. Obtaining the Aero-Prism revealed that my assumptions was right. Considering I was only 7 or 8 when I first played this game and got that far it was kinda obvious that something was gonna happen.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Srijita » Mon Sep 8, '08, 5:47 pm

Kaloes wrote:Using corrosion I was like, hah Dark Force must of gotten him and he's trying to screw with me.

[face=Times New Roman]That’s exactly what I thought when I first met him: quite a disturbing skill repertoire (Corrosion, Mindblast, Shadow, and Deathspell). His sycophantic remarks to Chaz set me even further on edge. The clues went way beyond literary foreshadowing. :wink: [/face]
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Celeith » Mon Sep 8, '08, 6:35 pm

I wonder, Did you ever take away Seths Laco-Dagger and give it to Hahn when you got him back? You know giving him 2 weapons instead of him using the Mahlay Shield? I know it takes away Hahns defense but in my recent playthroughs with my new team i find it better for Hahn to have 2 weapons instead of a shield. And about Seth I found it strange that he came with Laco items when Laconium isnt even on Motavia.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Srijita » Tue Sep 9, '08, 10:24 pm

[face=Times New Roman]
Kaloes wrote:I wonder, Did you ever take away Seths Laco-Dagger and give it to Hahn when you got him back? You know giving him 2 weapons instead of him using the Mahlay Shield?

I tend to remove Seth’s weapons and armour upon obtaining the Aero-Prism, and then sell all his kit after the battle. Hahn’s physical defence seems to lag behind the fighters in the party, although it is much better than Rune’s and Raja’s. Besides those two, Hahn is probably the only character for whom I’m forever buying shields. (Incidentally, I find it rather endearing that the Mahlay weapons were constructed with Hahn’s scientific knowledge and his father’s metal-working skills. It suggests that he and Dad patched things up).

I know it takes away Hahns defense but in my recent playthroughs with my new team i find it better for Hahn to have 2 weapons instead of a shield.

He doesn’t take excessive damage without the shield? I must try that out at some point.

Is your new team the one you mentioned in a previous post, based on a glitch which removes Chaz from the party? I seem to recall your referring to a party consisting of Alys, Rune, Demi, Krya and Hahn. Is that right?

I find it extraordinary that you’re playing without Chaz (who on earth is wielding Elsydeon?) But with that set-up, I can see you’d probably benefit from using Hahn as a physical fighter as well as a technique-user.
[/face]
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Celeith » Tue Sep 9, '08, 10:37 pm

If you want to play my version go into the Fan section of the messageboard and look for a file called Alys in the Phantasy Star IV section in the downloads. That file puts you right after Raja has joined the party. I have a file on my computer which if you download tell me and I'll send you the file on how to obtain Demi and Hahn's gear from when they're suppose to be at the spaceport. If you do it out of a certain order the game will crash on you so my file is good to have if you chose to download my Alys file.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Re: Aieeeee!

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Nov 4, '17, 1:22 am

Bumping up this former Image Of The Day!

Seth again.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Sat Nov 4, '17, 1:54 pm

Seth seems to be fashionable those last days : And that is a great idea as I like archeologists ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Mar 29, '23, 5:42 pm

Seth in trouble and pain.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499