American Idol

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Postby Thoul » Mon Jan 28, '08, 2:03 pm

Tsunami wrote:I get the feeling that they purposely put critical people on some of these shows purely for reaction. :yaknow:

Yep, I think so too. There's no quicker way to stir up conversation than giving people something strong to react about. Those shows probably wouldn't have a chance of succeeding in today's TV market without those critical folks.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Jan 28, '08, 11:17 pm

Definately, I like the critical people. I am a critical person. I just tend to be a lil nicer than that.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Jan 29, '08, 11:42 pm

I just googled America's Got Talent and found out his name. Beware Piers Morgan, harshest judge I've seen by far.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Nov 13, '08, 9:55 pm

Trenzer wrote:I just googled America's Got Talent and found out his name. Beware Piers Morgan, harshest judge I've seen by far.

I've only watched a couple times, but agree Piers is very harsh! I guess you could say he's only doing his job, but I don't see why it has to be so hurtful sometimes.

Have you heard the latest regarding a former American Idol Contestant? The news reports say that this person may have committed suicide. She must have been a very troubled soul. I didn't see her on the program.

http://www.tmz.com/category/american-idol/
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: American Idol

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jan 12, '10, 8:06 pm

It looks like Simon Cowell has announced he will be leaving "American Idol" soon, and launcing a show of his own:

http://www.tvguide.com/american-idol/Si ... 13587.aspx

So, how do you think his leaving will affect "American Idol"? Will it still be a hit show without Simon, or not?
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Previous

Return to Tubular Television