American Hero, the lost FMV game previously unreleased

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

American Hero, the lost FMV game previously unreleased

Postby MrKite » Sat Apr 2, '22, 2:22 am

Not too long ago, one of my favorite YouTube channels, Rerez did an episode of their show "Just Bad Games" about an FMV game called "American Hero". It was originally intended to be released on the Atari Jaguar CD (of all things), and slated for release in late 1995/early 1996, but because of the failure of the Jaguar CD and the Jaguar console itself, the project was canned. However a few months ago, a company called "Empty Clip" decided to give the game a second chance and release it on all the current platforms. Personally, as someone who has a soft spot for these silly and over the top FMV-based games, I got a fair amount of enjoyment out of it. However you may not be as thrilled if you do not have a fondness for any of these.

Rerez's review:

Last edited by MrKite on Sat Apr 2, '22, 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: American Hero, the lost FMV game previously unreleased

Postby jessie » Sat Apr 2, '22, 5:31 am

Wow! That was interesting! I was not much of a fan of FMV games, but an FMV movie? That had potential!
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 39

Re: American Hero, the lost FMV game previously unreleased

Postby myau56 » Sat Apr 2, '22, 11:51 am

Not much a fan of FMV games but here...always interesting to have such surprises ! :) :clap: :fiery:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to General Gaming