Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, '07, 2:39 am 
Thinking over kaloes' fan fiction and revisiting the few scenes between Alys and Rune in PSIV has me thinking. How much did Alys know about him? There's obviously some past connection that we aren't told about, and she doesn't seem shocked by his magical abilities. I always had the idea that there was a romantic connection there because Alys seems to soften when he is around. What do you all think? Did she know he was Lutz? He knows Chaz's name before being introduced... so how deep was Alys's relationship with Rune? :hmm:


Top
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, '07, 2:58 am 
Well, if I remember what I read in the Compendium translation correctly, they met as teenagers. Both of them travelled with and trained under some guy (Galf? I'm not sure, but I think that was it). I don't think she knew anything about Lutz or Espers, but I'm sure they're very close friends at least.

As far as Chaz... I don't know. She could have told Rune his name sometime before or Rune could have heard it from someone else. It seemed like Rune was working toward Zio on his own, so maybe he heard that Alys and Chaz were doing the same.


Top
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, '07, 3:44 am 
Neithird wrote:As far as Chaz... I don't know. She could have told Rune his name sometime before or Rune could have heard it from someone else. It seemed like Rune was working toward Zio on his own, so maybe he heard that Alys and Chaz were doing the same.


At first Alys and Chaz weren't looking for Zio. They were just kind of undoing some of his doings. And how is it possible that he would know if the only possible news on Alys and Chaz is that they went to Piata on business. They just didn't say to each other, "Let's take down Zio." That goal was created later in possibly Molcum or Tonoe when they went to go retrieve Alshline.


Top
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, '07, 5:20 am 
People.. I don't think such spoiler tags are really necessary.. xD

My views on this, oh yeah, they got it on 8D


Okay, seriously, the Rune meeting Alys is what the compendium said... ... but whadjamacallher.. begins with an R, had already said something that contradicted the Compendium, and I'd be more inclined to believe her.. *shrug* It was about the shifting of Motavia and Dezolis..


Top
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, '07, 5:55 am 
Divine Dragon wrote:Okay, seriously, the Rune meeting Alys is what the compendium said... ... but whadjamacallher.. begins with an R, had already said something that contradicted the Compendium, and I'd be more inclined to believe her.. *shrug* It was about the shifting of Motavia and Dezolis..

Rebecca, I believe. Her last name? Can't remember...though it's something like Capowski. Hard to remember off hand. :lol:

Anyhow, there's many contradictions as far as the English and Japanese versions of Phantasy Star go. So when it comes to this stuff, I can't give much input. :p

As for Alys and Rune's relationship? I think that there was definitely something there, though as to what extent, we'll never know. Could've been love, maybe? Puppy love? (as others have said they were teens when they met)


Top
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, '07, 10:38 am 
Tsunami wrote:
Divine Dragon wrote:Okay, seriously, the Rune meeting Alys is what the compendium said... ... but whadjamacallher.. begins with an R, had already said something that contradicted the Compendium, and I'd be more inclined to believe her.. *shrug* It was about the shifting of Motavia and Dezolis..

Rebecca, I believe. Her last name? Can't remember...though it's something like Capowski. Hard to remember off hand. :lol:
Yeah.. it was definitely a Japanese name.. :hmm:


Top
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, '07, 3:07 am 
I think you mean Rieko Kodama. Capowski was the person who translated the compendium. I agree that not everything in the compendium should be taken at face value; some things in it have been contradicted by another official PS book and the PSI website I linked to in a recent post. As the compendium translation says, some of the stuff in there seems to have been made up after the fact.

On the other hand, there is a lot of stuff in the compendium that is valid. I think this Galf fellow is an example of that. There's some artwork of him that was supposedly included on the first PS Collection game's art gallery. He's like Chaz and Rika's son - a development idea that was never really included in the game.

Quote:People.. I don't think such spoiler tags are really necessary.. xD


Always better to be safe than sorry. ;)

Anyway, as for the original question, I think Alys had some feelings for Rune, but he didn't share them. I'm sure he thinks of her as a friend and all, but he never seemed to show any emotion toward her that I recall.


Top
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, '07, 11:27 am 
Thoul wrote:I think you mean Rieko Kodama.

That's the one! :3 Yes, in an interview she had said that the Mota Palma switch was due to a natural cause.. I think.. but the compendium said it was a disaster.. Or the other way around.. I forget..

Quote:People.. I don't think such spoiler tags are really necessary.. xD


Always better to be safe than sorry. ;)
[/quote]Haha :rofl: Fair enough.


Top
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, '07, 7:51 pm 
Thoul wrote:
On the other hand, there is a lot of stuff in the compendium that is valid. I think this Galf fellow is an example of that. There's some artwork of him that was supposedly included on the first PS Collection game's art gallery. He's like Chaz and Rika's son - a development idea that was never really included in the game.



The things you learn everyday. 0_0


It would be nice to know what kind of relationship Alys and Rune had, but I also think it was something best left unanswered, a sort of wishful thinking goes through your head.

If there was any kind of feeling toward the two, I doubt the feelings would have been mutual. I suspected that Alys would have really liked Rune, but kept it hidden as it would seem out of character of her.
As for knowing Rune for who he truly is? Never actually thought about it. I have my doubts about it, I do not think that he would have told her.


Top
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, '07, 10:14 pm 
Trenzer wrote:At first Alys and Chaz weren't looking for Zio. They were just kind of undoing some of his doings. And how is it possible that he would know if the only possible news on Alys and Chaz is that they went to Piata on business. They just didn't say to each other, "Let's take down Zio." That goal was created later in possibly Molcum or Tonoe when they went to go retrieve Alshline.


That's true, they weren't going after Zio intentionally at first. On the other hand, I think Rune would have known that they were well on their way to doing that. I'm sure he would have known about Zio being behind Zema and Piata's problems. If he did know Alys pretty well, he could probably guess that she would try to go after Zio. He did warn them not to do that very thing later on.


Top
 Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: