Alys and Alis

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Postby Rune_Walsh » Sat Aug 30, '08, 11:12 pm

Kaloes wrote:heh this question pops up everywhere lol.. i just think it was a translation error cuz Alys' japanese name is Lyla while Alis is Alisa so seeing as they only took out 1 letter from Alis' name, its probably just a translation error, besides, it would make no sence for alis to live for 2000 years, didnt noah only make it 1000 yrs from 1-2 cuz of that chryosleep thing, or was that a different person all together

Agreed, Kaloes. It was just a decision on the translator's part; Rune's real name is Thray (I like Rune better, but that's just me).

Although, Alis and Alys do have strong similarities - they look alike physically, and they are both strong women. (The same, though, could be said about Rolf and Rhys, and they are obviously and completely different people. ^^)
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Srijita » Sat Aug 30, '08, 11:37 pm

Rune_Walsh wrote: Although, Alis and Alys do have strong similarities - they look alike physically, and they are both strong women. (The same, though, could be said about Rolf and Rhys, and they are obviously and completely different people. ^^)

[face=Times New Roman]Regarding Alis Landale and Alys Brangwin: when you put it like that, it makes the premise that they might be spiritually one and the same more convincing. Both are good physical fighters; committed to their cause; courageous in the face of adversity; but also have a kind and gentle side to them. Both also lost their parents at a relatively young age.

PS1 lacked the humorous interludes of PS4, which contribute towards character development. We have to fill in the gaps by conjecture. Alis Landale always seemed less feisty than Alys Brangwin, but then again, the initial motivation for her quest was to avenge her brother's death. Considering what she went through, she must have been just as tough and gutsy as Alys. Who knows? Miss Landale might well have socked anyone who recited her measurements to the world, just as Miss Brangwin did some 2,000 years later. :wink:

I also concur on the appearance issue; they do look similar.

Well, it’s just possible…
[/face]
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Previous

Return to Classic Series