What are you currently playing? Part 2

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

What are you currently playing? Part 2

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue May 14, '13, 3:15 am

This is a continuation of the original What are you currently playing? thread, which reached a whopping 55 pages! I guess we like talking about our current gaming exploits! :yes:

I'm still playing Red Dead Redemption, which I still love to the point I'm poking through the story at a snail's pace, but I won't say if it beats Shadow of the Colossus for my number 3 slot until I finish it. You can tell I love it by the fact that my avatar as of his posting is John Marston, the game's protagonist. :wink: Once I finish it...I dunno what I'll move onto. I did download the zombie version of it, but I also have other games I'd like to finish, and summer is coming up. So I won't have class and I will have more time for gaming and other projects I want to get on. I'm thinking I may actually try to finish the first Jak & Daxter on the HD collection. While the game is good...collect-a-thon feels a bit tired to me. I also still have Ico on that HD collection, plus 2 of the PS3 Ratchet & Clank titles and that HD collection, then the Sly HD collection - and if I like that enough, I may want to get Thieves in Time. Plus many other titles.

I wish I had more time for gaming. So many to get to that I haven't even touched, barely touched or have half-finished. :x
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Tue May 14, '13, 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Re: What are you currently playing? Part 2

Postby Rylen » Tue May 14, '13, 4:24 pm

I'm over at www.starpirates.net hammering out the Ascension 2 mission. Also been playing Lost Odyssey for the past week or so.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 49

Postby myau56 » Tue May 14, '13, 9:16 pm

Like Wolf Bird has said before, I wish I had more time for gaming too ! Lack of time is awful :(
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby R-90-2 » Thu May 16, '13, 2:28 pm

Been playing some Game Dev Tycoon. Not an especially deep game, though the kids of things you can make successful if you know the tricks are still pretty hilarious.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Flames of Yagami » Thu May 23, '13, 12:29 am

I've been playing a remade version of Sonic the Hedgehog 1 on my iPhone that I honestly think is better than the original Genesis version. It's an enhanced port created by "The Taxman" (the same guy who made the digital version of Sonic CD), and it clearly shows here: not only can you use the spindash from Sonic 2 and can unlock Tails and Knuckles, but you can use a cheat to access things like a playing as Super Sonic and using the element shields from Sonic 3. The only gripe I have is that I can't use a physical controller, but this is on a smartphone, so it's completely understandable.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Wing Eye » Thu May 23, '13, 6:43 am

Playing Soul Hackers on 3DS (I hope to finish it before Shin Megami Tensei IV comes out, but I doubt I can...)
I'm also stomaching my way through Castlevania: Lords Of Shadows on PS3, I hate how un-Castlevania-like it is, but being the huge fan of the series that I am, I feel a need to finish it.
Check out my Phantasy Star parody comic
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Phantasy_Star_Replay
Wing Eye
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 297

Postby myau56 » Thu May 23, '13, 12:31 pm

Playings Sonic Colours on my DS ! Excellent game :) Need to finish it at last ! ;)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun May 26, '13, 5:57 pm

Since I just completed Red Dead, my boyfriend and are going to try co-op Saints Row 2, which is another game I started, then stopped playing...precisely because we were going to try co-op, lol. Only now getting to it though!
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Celeith » Mon Jun 10, '13, 3:50 am

going through my first run of Shining Force II. Always wanted to play the game but never decided to pick it up until today. Gonna be fun to actually play through a oldschool game blind.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Jun 10, '13, 9:23 am

By the way WB, Saints Row 2, is my favourite of the series. I don't really consider the third as a linear story due to it's sheer ridiculousness, though it is a fun game. Have fun!

As for me, I've playing quite a bit recently...

Phantasy Star IV - Playing it on Steam. Just started two days ago, on my way to Ladea Tower
Crash Team Racing - Recently bought this on Amazon. Enjoying this PS classic on my PS3.
The Dead Linger - Currently in early open Alpha. A fun zombie survival game that seems to be a cross between Day Z, and Minecraft.
Kenshi - Currently in open Alpha and on Steam. A squad based RPG sandbox game that allows you to do whatever you want basically. Whether it's building a town, becoming a bounty hunter, thief, doctor, trader etc.
GTA: San Andreas - Playing it on Steam (kind of). I ended up modding the game for better graphics and for use with my controller so it didn't have wonky controls. But because I modded it, I have to launch it through my controller profiler in order for my game settings not to change.

I might do a couple reviews on some of these games.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Next

Return to General Gaming