Alone in the World • Phantasy Star: Fringes of Algo

Alone in the World

Fan written stories based on Phantasy Star IV.

Alone in the World

Postby Celeith » Fri Nov 16, '07, 4:15 am

"So you're really going.." "Yes, I made a promise.." "Then at least take this.." "But, this was your..."

Chapter Six

"That was great Alys." A familiar voice said as the clapping came to a stop. I turned around, thinking I was hallucinating I rubbed my eyes. "Ray!" I yelled out. He stood there, smiling at me like he always did. A few moments passed, then he began walking towards us. It was weird, seeing Ray wearing a tunic and carrying a sword strapped to his waist. "It took me long enough, but I finally found you." He said as he stopped in front of me.

I looked up at him, still stunned to actually see him. "What? Do I have something on my face?" He asked as he scratched his cheek. My eyes began to tear up, I jumped towards him, wrapping my arms around him. "You came looking for me." I said. After a few moments of rejoicing introductions were given between Ray and Rune. The two were similar now that I think about it, maybe it was something about their smile that made me think this way.

We decided to head back into town for something to eat. "So you two have known each other for awhile? Rune asked Ray as we entered the restaurant. We sat at the nearest table, a waitress came by to take our orders. After placing our orders we sat and talked, even after the meal was brought to us we continued talking more than we were eating. "So Ray, how long have you been keeping your swordsmanship secret from me?" I asked.

This was the first time I actually saw Ray ever carry a weapon. I figured he was keeping it a secret from me. "Actually dad gave this to me before I left. This week was the first time I ever got any practice using it myself." Ray said. He began telling us of his travels here, how he encountered many monsters along the way. "It seems monsters are increasing every day doesn't it?" he asked. I thought about it, since me and Rune had been training a bit away from town we never discovered any monsters.

"I must have horrible luck then." He said as he sighed. We finished our meals and left the restaurant, heading towards the inn this would be the first time I slept in a bed in a long time. We each slept in individual rooms, it was much better than sleeping on the hard ground. The next morning we gathered outside the inn, preparing for our trip to Nolt. It would still be a few days until we would arrive at Nolt, we would have to pass through a large forest, climb a mountain, and eventually come to a large lake with Nolt in the middle.

We arrived at the forest just a few miles away from town. "Aww, look at the cute bunny." I said as a rabbit hopped out from a bush. Ray and Rune slowed down, turning to look at me. I began petting the rabbit, Ray knelt down and rubbed the rabbits ears. "Haven't we already come by here?" Rune asked. We looked around, forest was surrounding us, it was natural that one would get lost in here. Just then a moment of silence passed, the birds that were once chirping in the trees had stopped.

"We should move." Rune said. I looked up at him, then I heard a noise coming from the bushes near us. Just then a large bug-like creature jumped out from behind the bush. "BIO-MONSTER!" We all yelled out. I grabbed my slashers, but before I could take them out of the sheath Rune stepped in front of me. "There's not enough room to fight here, we have to run." He said. Not wanting to we had no choice, I ran though the small pathway, Ray and Rune close behind.

The steps the monster was making began to get closer and closer, no matter how fast we ran it seemed we couldn't out run it. Finally it came to a stop, we slowed our pace down wondering what was going on. "You think we lost it?" I asked. We were standing in a line, facing three seperate directions. A loud screaching noise was heard from behind us. "Oh no.. Its calling its friends." Ray said. Rune ran past me, not saying a word, following closely behind him Ray and myself ran as fast as we could.

More steps could be heard coming from all sides of us. It seemed like no matter how fast we ran more and more of them just kept coming. "Hey! Whats that up there?" Ray said. Looking past Rune I noticed a large building in a small clearing. "Who cares, it might be the only thing that'll keep us alive." I said as we entered the clearing. I glanced back, noticing the monsters were gaining on us. We entered the clearing, making our way for the building we ran quickly, entering the doors they shut behind us, the monsters desperately trying to get in.

"That was a close one." I said as I caught my breath. I looked around wondering where we were. "Why would a place like this still be operational"? Rune asked himself. It appeared to be a manufacturing plant of some sort, we decided to head inwards in hopes to find someone inside. As we guessed there was no one around, we searched all the rooms, finding many broken glass containers everywhere. Eventually our search led us to a large room, a computer screen was flickering. Rune walked over to the computer, Ray and myself watched for anything suspicious.

"I bet we can get some information from this, just let me press a few of these and.. got it!" Rune said as he messed with the computer. We looked up at the monitor, a video appeared on the screen. "This appears to be data from over one thousand years ago." Rune said. Appearing on the screen were many scientist looking people, and a little girl in a tube behind them.

"AW 1282,
Project Neifirst was a complete success, by combining Parmian and Bio-Monster DNA we have created the ultimate life form."
One of the scientists said. The screen flickered, then another data file appeared.

" Eight months have passed since we brought Neifirst into this world. It appears combining Parmian and Bio-Monster DNA have strange effects. Withing a short amount of time Neifirst has grown from a child into a adult. We shall continue gathering data on this finding." The scientist said. We noticed a woman sitting on the floor behind them playing with a ball. The screen flickered once again.

"AW 1283,
It has been over one year since Neifirst was born, she has become hateful towards the world around her and is being studied as we speak. By extracting DNA from Neifirst we were able to successfully create a replicate of Neifirst which we have given the name Neisecond. We are hoping things will go according to Mother Brains plans."
The scientist said once again. The screen went black, only noises of crashing and yelling could be heard. The screen eventually came back on, we were stunned to see the scientists in the background being slaughtered by this being called Neifirst.

"This is horrible." I said, we continued staring in shock as we watched what had happened. "Neifirst has killed all my comrades. By breaking the container holding Neisecond I may have released another destructive being into the world. It is my hopes that she will not be a destructive being but one of kindness and be found and able to live a life free of AGG!!!" The scientist said as his body was pierced by a claw. Neifirst looked into the screen and then it eventually faded out. We were shocked at what happened.

"Thats the end of it." Rune said as he stepped away from the computer. It was horrible, how could such a thing happen. It appeared these data files were taken from a lab on Parma before its destruction, but in my mind I continued thinking what had become of the scientists that had been inhabiting this lab. "Hey guys! I found something." Ray yelled out as he stood in a doorway. We walked towards him, glancing in the room we stared up at a large container.

There was a woman floating in water inside a tube. Small words could be seen printed on the tube. "Cyborg.. Prototype.. Nara."

Chapter Six End
Celeith
Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star IV