Which side would you choose?

Explore the Alisa III as it travels the stars.

Which side would you choose?

Postby Thoul » Mon Oct 22, '07, 6:21 pm

Consider the situation: you're living on a spaceship, after your home planet has exploded. War has broken out on the ship, with two factions fighting for control. One is using techniques and artificially grown monsters, the other sends armies of robots and androids to attack from ground, sea, and air.

What stance would you take in this conflict? Would you side the the magic slinging Layans or the mechanical movement of Orakians? Maybe you would rather stay neutral and try to find a nice, quiet corner to wait it out?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Mon Oct 22, '07, 6:52 pm

I'd probably remain neutral if I didn't know what the war was about. But if I saw that one side seemed to be correct while the other was wrong for whatever reason, then I may change my mind as for where I stand. However, when it comes to these things, there's two sides to every story. So, in the end, remaining neutral would be the best option.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Rudo » Tue Oct 23, '07, 3:03 am

Neutral. They (both groups) sound like a bunch of wacko's. I would try to confiscate a ship of my own to take me wherever I wanted to go by myself, or atleast with some sensible friends. 8)
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby Neithird » Tue Oct 23, '07, 2:28 pm

I wouldn't mind the ability to sling around a few techs... :p

I would probably stay neutral until one side attacked the area I live, then join up with the other to put the hurt on them.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Re: Which side would you choose?

Postby H-Man » Thu Sep 23, '10, 2:45 pm

I'd like to be able to find a disillusioned Layan and a disillusioned Mieu-type cyborg and hang out w/ them in the mountains of Landen, just sharing stories about the old days before the stupid war broke out and sparring for fun. :) In other words, I'd be neutral.

But the lizard brain in me says that if HAD to pick sides, I'd go w/ the Orakians, if only because that meant that I could hang out w/ come cool female cyborgs armed with claws. Tally Ho!
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby tilinelson2 » Thu Sep 23, '10, 8:50 pm

It is difficult to choose a side without knowing why the war has broken out. For me, Orakian-Layan war is too much like Cruzades: you automatically choose a side based on you being from one or other people/religion. If you were an outsider, you'd probably to like outsiders: remain neutral or defend your political interests.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby Tanith » Thu Sep 23, '10, 9:31 pm

Layan, and hopefully find myself a hunky dragon knight to protect me. ;) Or maybe women can be dragon knights, too? If so, I'm definitely going with Layan. If not, then I'd choose Orakian. They seemed to have the important jobs on the ship.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Return to Phantasy Star III