Alisa III Fauna

Explore the Alisa III as it travels the stars.

Alisa III Fauna

Postby H-Man » Wed Sep 8, '10, 7:48 pm

Do you think that "traditional" animals, like cats, dogs, your basic livestock, lions, tigers, bears, and (of course) snakes and monkeys existed on the Alisa III? Kind of an odd question, but a curious one.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Re: Alisa III Fauna

Postby Rick » Wed Sep 8, '10, 9:57 pm

Layans woulda turned their pets into monsters to wage war against the ludicrous Orakian machines XD

But I still think birdies and kitties existed.. Cats exist EVERYWHERE.

There is a reason the Egyptians worshipped em XD

I think they ate all the dogs
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby vontrapp » Thu Sep 9, '10, 1:20 am

I hink that the animal choices that would have been on the Alisa III and all of the world ships would have been made up of the Bio Engineered forms as those would have been the only beasts available on Palma at the time of it's demise with Motherbrain in control.

I really thinks the cats were re-engineered too thats how you got Myau and the Newmans :D
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 43

Postby Tanith » Thu Sep 9, '10, 2:39 am

I'm not too sure about birds, but I think other "normal" Palman animals could exist in the ships. My own personal theory is that the ships are partially made out of Palma's landscape (long story), so why not?
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Thoul » Thu Sep 9, '10, 4:01 am

I think relatively common domestic animals would exist. People would have brought their pets on board with them. More dangerous or wild creatures like bears or tigers would probably not be present (maybe if a whole chunk of Palma's forests were on the ship, but otherwise, no).

I'm not sure about livestock animals. Given the nature of PSII's society and the reliance on technology (particularly cloning), it's questionable if such animals would even exist in great enough numbers to populate the fleet at the time of launch. Why have a lot of cows or chickens around when you can just clone one, after all?

I could see bio-engineered livestock animals being introduced sometime after launch, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Ome_Joop » Thu Sep 9, '10, 10:35 am

I could see bio-engineered livestock animals being introduced sometime after lunch....
Ome_Joop
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 43

Postby hugues » Sat Sep 11, '10, 4:35 am

Interesting topic.. I would have to think that if they planned to create sustainable worlds they would have to bring whatever livestock they had at the time. Being a green planet, it may not have needed the bio-engineering found on Mota. At the same time, they may have taken advantage of the technology used to terraform Mota to create better crops & livestock. It's too bad we never really know what life on Palma was like at the time of PSII.

Tanith wrote:My own personal theory is that the ships are partially made out of Palma's landscape (long story), so why not?

I always assumed that was the case - that the domes were encapsulating existing land.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Tanith » Mon Sep 13, '10, 11:38 pm

hugues wrote:I always assumed that was the case - that the domes were encapsulating existing land.
Yes, I think that building them out of the land would actually be the most reasonable explanation. Also, I have to wonder if, for instance, the artificial climate in Aridia was manipulated to change the land to a desert. For one, it would require less resources to maintain as a wasteland, and it was only inhabited by androids (except for the shopkeepers), who I'm assuming would be able to live in more extreme heat (Miun, even in her fried state, seemed to wander around just fine) and without food and water. In fact, maybe a dry climate is beneficial to androids.

Most of the other lands are fairly similar in climate, save for Frigidia, which suggests the domes were built out of the same portion of Palma.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby hugues » Wed Sep 22, '10, 3:39 am

Yeah, I also thought that Aridia was a desert because it was only intended to be inhabited by robots. Perhaps it was meant as a "maintenance" world since the weather and satellite systems there. Plus the center dome would be the logical place for something like that.

I don't know why but I tend to think Frigidia was green dome at one point but suffered some sort of climate malfunction, perhaps damaged during the Devastation War. The fact that there is so much water makes me suspect that.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Tanith » Wed Sep 22, '10, 4:15 am

hugues wrote:I don't know why but I tend to think Frigidia was green dome at one point but suffered some sort of climate malfunction, perhaps damaged during the Devastation War. The fact that there is so much water makes me suspect that.
That is true. I had thought that maybe it was damaged on purpose to ensure it was only inhabited by the protectors of history and Laya's pendant, but then the passages were sealed so that should have taken care of any possible pilgrimage/invasion. I think accidental damage is the most logical explanation, though I can guess that the real reason it's frozen is simply to give it an air of mystery. That's not useful when trying to come up with a game explanation, though.

Back in the day, my 13 year-old mind thought that the huge fountains in Mystoke and New Mota were like hot springs, which is why the cities remained lush. Actually, I guess I still like this theory.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Next

Return to Phantasy Star III