Algoians in Blue Burst

Share experiences from the entire series, including PS Online, Universe, and Zero.

Algoians in Blue Burst

Postby Celeith » Wed Jul 11, '07, 8:33 am

Ok i forget which planet the station is floating around in Blue Burst but i remember awhile back when i use to play it i noticed a few designs that looked similarto the design of Runes necklace in PS4. So i went through my picture folder and couldn't find anything and then did a google search for some pics and found em and i remembered it.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/1016 ... of1vu9.jpg

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/6684 ... of2hx5.jpg

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/543/psoproof3ry3.jpg

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/6190 ... of4ix8.jpg

The designs on these are similars to Runes, so my question is, after the events of PS4 did rune leave motavia and travel to this planet to seal Dark Force/Falz up for one final time before (or if) he died? I thought it be something to bring up since i noticed these things while running around the ruins a few times.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Re: Algoians in Blue Burst

Postby Neithird » Thu Jul 12, '07, 9:32 pm

It does look kind of similar, but it has some differences, too. Rune's amulet has two little prongs that the PSO symbol doesn't. I guess it is possible, though - if anyone would have the knowledge to seal Dark Falz, it would have been Rune.

The PS Compendium says that Alis and Lutz left Algo and had an adventure somewhere else after PSI, eventually returning. Maybe it wasn't Rune, but the original Lutz that sealed Falz. Wouldn't it be neat if PSO's Dark Falz is really the same one from the first Phantasy Star?
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Celeith » Fri Jul 13, '07, 2:15 am

yea that would be really cool if it was... i gotta get me another copy of PS1 i never played the original genesis and i sold my gba collection... i don't really feel like playin a rom of it, guess using the keyboard makes my hands hurt after awhile
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Thoul » Fri Jul 13, '07, 6:20 am

That symbol also looks similar to one that is associated with Numans. It's in Neithird's avatar:
It's that purple mark on her chest. It's hard to make out there, but I think that may be the best image I have of it. There's some art that shows Neifirst and Nei with it as well.

Maybe this was a way of tying in all the PS series together. If Rune's wearing it, it probably has some connection to Algo's history of magic. Maybe it's a symbol of "Nei," the magic word of power from PSIII. That would explain why the Numans wear it as well. IIRC, the symbols in PSO are supposed to be tied to magic words related to the seal on DF.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Thoul » Sat Jul 14, '07, 2:35 am

I was looking through some PSIV artwork this evening and noticed that Kyra also wears the same symbol on the collar of her esper uniform. So, it's definitely an Esper thing. :)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Celeith » Thu Jul 19, '07, 12:48 am

who knows what they intended for those things to be for huh?
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Thoul » Wed Aug 8, '07, 6:08 am

Guess what: I found yet another appearance of this symbol in the art I've download over the years. Nei is wearing it on the cover of the book that came with the Memorial Drama CD. It's definitely the same as Rune's amulet.

This is the clearest picture I have seen of the symbol yet.
http://www.psalgo.com/images/site_art/n ... symbol.jpg
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Divine Dragon » Wed Aug 8, '07, 7:09 am

It could be a crude representation for Mota, Dezo and Palma around the Sun?
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby Thoul » Wed Aug 8, '07, 11:59 pm

That makes sense. The middle part is a sort of star shape and there are three circles that would be the planets. I remember the early PS Online promo posters had three words on them that looked like odd takes on the planet names, which are supposed to be associated with the symbol in that game, IIRC..
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Phantasy Star General