Oscar Nominees 2010

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Oscar Nominees 2010

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Feb 2, '10, 10:49 pm

The oscar nominees for this year have been announced:

http://movies.msn.com/oscars/nomination ... ?gt1=28101

I believe the oscar ceremonies will be televisied sometime in March of this year.

So, what do you think of these nominees? Is there someone who you think should have been nominated, but wasn't?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Oscar Nominees 2010

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Mar 8, '10, 5:26 pm

The Oscar Awards were televised last night, and the winners are:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/2010-Oscar- ... 15806.aspx

The movie "Hurt Locker" did very well. Besides having won Best Film, it also won Best Director and some other awards.

Has anyone ever heard of this movie before last night?

Congratulations to actor Jeff Bridges on winning the Best Actor Oscar. :clap:

Congrats to the movie "Star Trek" on winning an oscar for Best Make-Up! :clap: That's pretty good for a franchise that has been going as long as "Star Trek" has..! :up:

Golly, I thought for sure that the film "Avatar" would be a big winner from all the talk and hype these past couple of weeks, but that didn't seem to happen.

Anyone get to watch this awards show? I didn't get to see it this year.

What do you think of all these winners, etc.

Comments or Opinions?

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Mon Mar 8, '10, 10:26 pm

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:Congrats to the movie "Star Trek" on winning an oscar for Best Make-Up! :clap: That's pretty good for a franchise that has been going as long as "Star Trek" has..! :up:

I think it's kind of sad, really. A series that's continued for thirty years and only the 11th film has won an Oscar.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Mar 9, '10, 5:25 pm

Thoul wrote:
I think it's kind of sad, really. A series that's continued for thirty years and only the 11th film has won an Oscar.

Yes, I suppose that's true, Thoul. The entire "Star Trek" franchise has seemed to be enormously popular with the viewing public, however, the Oscar Award has seemingly been non-existant until now. I really think they deserve an Oscar just for continuing to exist and come up with new sequels/variations after all these years.

I believe there have been several Emmy Awards and perhaps other awards that have been won over the years by various "Star Trek" divisions, etc.

It reminds me of the very beginnings of "Star Trek". The original show did not last that long on television. Perhaps only about 3 years or so, I think. Fans loved it however. It was shown in re-runs for a long time. Then other "Star Trek" versions came along (aka "The Next Generation", "Deep Space Nine", etc., and the movie versions), and it still exists today. That's quite a record and achievement. Deserves a special Oscar on it's own, one would think.

Silver_Surfer1

Return to Feature Films