More bass and keyboard.

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

More bass and keyboard.

Postby Bragatyr » Tue Nov 25, '14, 11:47 pm

Breath of Fire is awesome, and jazzy songs are fun, and I can't believe this is the theme for a robot town! It's kind of silly like Excite Town, the Dezo town theme from PS II!
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Re: More bass and keyboard.

Postby Tanith » Sun Dec 7, '14, 2:06 am

I really like this one! Definitely jazzy. It'd be fun to get a jazz quintet to cover this song.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Dec 7, '14, 4:39 am

Thank you, Tanith! I think it would be awesome to get a full jazz band cover of this one. I swear I would learn to play some kind of saxophone if it were feasible for me, but I have no lung power and I've never been able to get a sound out of a wind instrument. But yeah, Breath of Fire covers in general seem few and far between. Most of III's soundtrack is amazingly funky and jazzy, but I haven't seen any brass or woodwind players make anything out of it so far.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby Tanith » Sun Dec 7, '14, 7:19 am

You know what I'd like to hear covered more? The Lufia II soundtrack, especially the boss theme. Sorry to hijack your thread, but your covers made me think of Lufia and its underappreciated soundtrack.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Bragatyr » Mon Dec 8, '14, 4:46 pm

Ha ha, yeah, I have heard a good bit about Lufia's music. I actually had a chance to check some of it out during a video game music contest on Gamefaqs a while back, I thought it was pretty good. I really want to play the Lufia games, but I'm a purist and I don't like to emulate, and the SNES games are kind of pricy, especially the second one, so...I'm just praying I get lucky at a garage sale or something. But I want to check out the music, so I've been eying the series for a long time.

Thank you very much, Parma Ham! Yeah, the video editing did take a while. This one featured the most transitions of any of the ones I've done. Windows Movie Maker makes it pretty easy, though. It took me a while to get used to it, but once I figured out the basics it's going a little more smoothly.

I've been playing bass for about fifteen years, since I was in high school, and I've been actively trying to play piano for about a year and a half, but I've had a keyboard for writing and goofing around with for about ten years. It's definitely a thing for bassists to go five-string, especially now with detuning and heavier rock and metal, but you're right, the standard four is much more common. It's honestly usually not even necessary, but it makes certain fingerings and positions easier, and it allows for slightly greater range, which I find in VG music to be really helpful. For some reason VG composers go a bit lower than the norm, I think because they're thinking along the lines of piano/orchestra instead of simply rock bass.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby Tanith » Mon Dec 22, '14, 9:29 pm

I'm looking forward to your next bass guitar vid, Brag! Anything coming soon?

Also, I found this. I can tell the bassist had a lot of fun with the arrangement:

Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Bragatyr » Tue Dec 23, '14, 1:23 am

Tetrimino is awesome, those guys are amazing. I actually just got through recording the bass for a Pilotwings cover two days ago, the SNES Hang Glider theme. Just gotta learn the other parts. I'm gonna throw some guitar in there, too, since I have one and the rhythm part is a little too fast to play keyboard with the repeated notes. I'm working on the Light Plane theme, too, that's a really jazzy one with probably the most difficult bass line I've done yet.

Unfortunately I'm down with the sickness, I seem to have picked up something this weekend that has left me feeling very spacy, but I'm still learning those parts and hope to have them up soon!
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby Bragatyr » Fri Dec 26, '14, 4:12 am

You know, since I'm sick and haven't been able to play much and this theme is very beautiful and ethereal and Christmas, I figured I would share this one from a little while back. I don't think I've posted it here before, please forgive me if I have, my brain is fuzzy.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Dec 28, '14, 3:20 pm

Got my Pilotwings cover done. Well, the first one, anyway. This is the first video I've done with guitar. In spite of being a bit sick when I recorded it I'm pretty happy with it. Really special memories with this game.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Dec 28, '14, 10:42 pm

Thanks for that, Parma Ham. I actually am feeling better, I think I'm pretty much getting over it now. Both of my parents are sick, though, now, which sucks. But thank you very much for checking out my Youtube channel, too, I can't believe there's so much stuff on there now, ha ha.

My keyboard can't be programmed a lot, at least in the sense of creating sounds from scratch or doing a lot of intricate mixing of sounds. It has a basic voice combination feature, which I honestly don't even use, where you combine two given voices, and it has internal chorus and reverb and stuff like that, but I find that I like my external effects pedal better. I do wish I had a better dedicated synth, but those are really expensive.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Next

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More