Aeroprism's remix project list.

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: Aeroprism's remix project list.

Postby Mikepjr » Sat Jun 14, '14, 1:30 am

Aeroprism wrote:*shrug* I told you I commended your skill with attack and velocity, as well as your choice of instruments. What you did with that piece you posted has nothing to do with midi-kids opening a midi file, adding a drum loop and tweaking a piano, then calling it a remix. You added value to the original. It's how you work.

Sorry, what i meant is.. when you said that.. it basically made me step back and look at what i was doing and it just kinda gave me a realization that, that is pretty much what i'm doing. But i at least hope the effort shows through to everyone.
BTW, i tried coming up with something better than that bass.. but.. i gotta just stick with the bass.. nothing else worked at all. Then again, you said it yourself.. that piece is one of the less well made ones honestly.. Just not one to touch.
Last edited by Mikepjr on Sat Jun 14, '14, 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikepjr
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 31

Postby Aeroprism » Sat Jun 14, '14, 9:42 pm

Bragatyr, I'm torn. Part of me wants to go medley happy but I just can't deny the appeal from the challenge of making a full track of this short, silly prologue loop.

Actually, an idea that has been slowly crawling in my head since I read your post: I could make two songs: one using "prologue" and one using "violation". It would be a shared project because both would be using the same theme/instruments and I'd use some chords from "power" in them both since it is such a short loop. But in the end, they would not be medleys but standalone remixes with discrete accents from another track.

What do you think?
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Bragatyr » Sat Jun 14, '14, 10:37 pm

You know, I really could see it working as either a standalone or a medley, but I do like the idea of having the two songs be interlinked like that. I guess, in my mind, medleys tend to be more fun, which is undeniably a positive, but a dedicated single track gives more space for interpretation, which I find more interesting. Of course, having Violation and Power in there gives more room for interpretation, too. For some reason I'm seeing Power and Violation as being more medley friendly than the Prologue, they have a somewhat similar vibe, but I personally see the Prologue as sort of standing alone in PS II, personally.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Aeroprism » Mon Aug 4, '14, 3:51 am

Well, so far, it's a medley. Prologue and Violation just flow so awesomely well into each other. I was alone at home tidan so I spent a good 8-9 hours working on this. It has a very sad, depressing "it's the end of the world" feeling. I love it.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Aeroprism » Fri May 22, '15, 2:40 pm

Remixing has been slow lately but it's picking up somewhat. This may or may not be influenced by the flux of new OCRemixes I downloaded lately.

Listening to music is an activity that is unique to everyone. Some people have wider preferences while others are more acute in their musical taste. I tend to be among those who have very specific preferences.

Some people will listen to music with an analytic ear while other only need something to fill the void. In my case, there is no defining line: I can listen to a song with complete attention and I can spend hours just casually listen to a playlist. However, where open-mindness and tolerance comes into play, I never, ever suffer music that I do not like.

This is why the first thing I always do when I acquire new OCRemixes is play them all one by one, sort the ones I like and immediately delete those I do not like. The ratio used to be 50/50 or so but lately I tend to delete more. Is it because I am getting more picky? I don't think so, considering that if anything, I am more open minded than I used to be. I however think that the overall quality of game remixes that the internet provides is... not what it used to be. Maybe it's because all the good remixers are done doing what they wanted to do. Maybe it's because video game music remixing has gotten so popular that everyone does it and well... not everyone should.

Where does that put me? I have been among the crowd since the late 90s and yet, I still have a lot to remix. I do think that my remixes have quality to them, even if they have often been called "too close to the originals". Stuff to ponder.

I want to make a remix with voice in it. Not artificial choirs; a REAL voice by a REAL person. I already have my eyes (and ears) set on someone and she agreed. I think it will be a Final Fantasy 10 remix (featuring no less than our own Bragatyr on the piano!). And then, just as I write this, this OCRemix starts to play and there is a dude singing. The effort is commendable but the result makes me... cringe. If that remix made the cut, maybe I should sing too.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Zio_Falz » Fri May 22, '15, 8:05 pm

As I've stated before, Aero, I do find your remixes extremely extremely pleasant to the ears.

Have you done anything new lately regarding remixes, or even original compositions?
It must be interesting or amusing in your mind, to think that you have fans for what you do as a hobby.
All the same, your work is very commendable..
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 58

Postby Aeroprism » Sat May 23, '15, 5:33 pm

Thank you for the praise. Ideally, any artist, even amateurs like me should strive to be self sufficient and THEN share with the world. I however easily admit that without fan support, I would have quit a long time ago.

Yes, at least 5 remix in the making and at least as many originals in the works since I am currently employed by a small game dev to create a significant part of their current game's soundtrack.

Maybe I should share a bit?
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Solar » Sun May 24, '15, 6:38 pm

Aeroprism wrote:Maybe I should share a bit?

Yes, I'd love to listen.
Last edited by Solar on Sun May 24, '15, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby Zio_Falz » Mon May 25, '15, 3:39 pm

Aeroprism wrote:Maybe I should share a bit?

Yeah Dude; Def.
Sharing is caring.
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 58

Previous

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More