Aeroprism's remix project list.

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: Aeroprism's remix project list.

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Oct 6, '10, 4:22 am

I see what you mean by preliminary. What's there is good, much better than I could do. But it still needs some work done. Can't wait to see what's in store.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Aeroprism » Wed Oct 6, '10, 12:31 pm

"Some" work? It's terrible!

I cringed as I listened to it this morning. This needs a lot of improvement. I'll see if I can do that.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Oct 6, '10, 1:37 pm

Not to sound harsh here Aero, but I listened to that track and put it off after about 8 seconds... Sorry. If I really like one of your tracks, I'll play them ad infinitum ( or even a sample loop ) but not this time.

Yes, it needs improvement. Lots of it.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Aeroprism » Wed Oct 6, '10, 3:59 pm

As I previously said, it is a horrible product of my tired incompetence. I removed it from my server, I refuse to have people listen to this.

I was tired, so were my ears. It happens :P
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Aeroprism » Tue Apr 12, '11, 11:56 pm

What do you call a remix of a remix?

Work in progress, stay tuned, more Techno goodness coming here soon!
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Tanith » Thu Apr 14, '11, 6:58 am

Aeroprism wrote:What do you call a remix of a remix?

A reremix? :p
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Aeroprism » Sat Apr 16, '11, 3:58 am

I must re-iterate, if you are a techno fan, Aeroprism will not disapoint.

I love this remix so...
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Aeroprism » Fri Jun 6, '14, 5:03 pm

I am resurrecting this topic because: reasons.

Since my PS remixes are why I initially came to this forum, I figured I'd drop a line or ten to give you an update on what's going on with current projects.

As with everything else PS related, happenings are few and scarce. Can't expect much from an exhausted fanbase when the franchise has effectively expired for close to 15 years. This is a boon and a curse to a fossil like me. This fanbase drought is a boon because remixers become rare so people don't tend to roll their eyes when a new remix comes out, compared to say, Chrono Trigger which has seen each and every one of his themes remixed 10+ times.

This drought however is also is a curse because no matter how many dozens of hours I spend working on a PS remix, the results will be of interest to a small handful of people, at best. I know that the magic thought is "You should do this for yourself" but it's not how everyone works and thinks. I can very well have fun on my own but I always preferred sharing with friends.

For now, I can say that I have three PS remixes on the work table. I have a preliminary project for the PS2 "Prologue" song. So far, it's not very impressive. I intend it to be in the same line as my "Field Motavia" remix, with lots of choirs and serious instruments.

I also have a PS2 "Secret Ways" mix started. I started that... ages ago. It hasn't seen much love but it might eventually. I have no idea how I see it progress but the initial idea was to make it very soft, with electronic pads and such.

The main project, on which I have already spent way more hours that I am willing to admit is a large scale PS3 remix that is not unlike my "Deadly Mota" medley. Originally, it was supposed to be a two part song combining the "Abduction" theme with the "Lashute" theme, starting with electric guitars, heavy synths, electronic pianos with lost of reverb and overall, more hairspray than most 80's bands ever used. After 3-4 minutes, it was supposed to evolve into something more trancy before morphing into a love letter to the 90's dance music. With time, I added two more PS3 songs to the lot: Dark Force battle theme and one of the battle themes, the "normal battle" if I remember correctly. From there, it went through a lot of change. Guitars were scrapped. A cathedral organ was added and removed. More synths, less synths. My main problem is simple: I can't decide on what sort of sound this should have other than "It's gotta be hard, fast and brutal". (Which currently, it is not)

I have spent on average 10 hours a week on this for the last few months but I sense my interest is waning, unless I find a winning combo soon. Maybe I should try another project for a few weeks.

I have also been trying to remix songs from Shining Force, Secret of Mana, Rygar, Faxanadu and Soulblazer. I always come back to PS. Oh well.

So there it is folks. Aeroprism is in no way done with remixes.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Bragatyr » Fri Jun 6, '14, 10:54 pm

Ha ha, that's true, man, Phantasy Star news is few and far between. But that's why we all love seeing a new remix!

I'm really glad to hear you're doing the PS 2 Prologue and Secret Ways. I was actually looking at the Prologue myself recently, I think it's really underrated, nice spacy synth sounds on that one. And Secret Ways is one of my faves from PS 2. Just a beautiful song. Speaking of PS 2, you ever notice that we seem to be some of the very few people here who really dig the PS 2 soundtrack? I think it must be an electronic music thing or something. I love it, personally. I mean, it's not the only game to do a kind of electronic vibe, but it's a sci-fi game, so it actually makes sense here, and I think it does it very distinctively.

And yeah, I feel you on the antiquity of the game and the relative lack of interest, I mean, it is a little depressing to put a lot of time into something and get a few hundred views and then see that some other Youtuber with a cover of Bravely Default gets like a hundred thousand views in the first three hours, but that's a twenty-something year old niche RPG for you.

In any event, I certainly appreciate it, and I think it's better to have a really strong response from a small fan base than a generalized, vaguely religious response from people who've only ever heard Smooth McGroove covers anyway. But please let us see the covers at some point, especially Secret Ways, I love that song.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Snorb » Fri Jun 6, '14, 11:49 pm

There's nothing wrong at all with PSII's soundtrack! PSIII on the other hand... uh... some of it didn't suck. [Gives PSIII's soundtrack a "Meets Minimum Standards of Basic Sega Genesis Listening" award]

Aero: Jijy no Rag could totally be done with just an acoustic guitar and whistling. That's how I hear it. XD
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More