Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Adventure Quest Worlds
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, '10, 6:06 am 
Greetings, everyone.

Atlinsmere and I have come up with the idea to find a game that all of us at Psalgo could all enjoy together. And it's been agreed that we should use Adventure Quest Worlds.

Made by Artix Entertainment, already famous for their RPG games Adventure Quest and Dragon Fable, it's an Action-RPG that is structured similar to their other games. The main game is free to play, though there are Membership options, or you can buy special items with real money. Both can now be purchased via credit card, PayPal, or through special Game Cards bought at Target or Best Buy.

Atlin and I already have accounts on there, so we can help you guys catch up and teach you a thing or two about the game.

And of course, here's a link to the game.

http://game.aqworlds.com/game/

Please post in this thread if you're interested, or have concerns about it.

Thanks.

DrkTr14ce

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, '10, 6:12 am 
I don't like this game that much personally... but it's a waste of time... >.>

Server is yet to be decided I guess... and if anyone wants to play Diablo II: Lords of Destruction, just let me know. Cause I'd much rather play that. =P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, '10, 9:07 am 
So you can buy virtual things with “real” “actual” “the money go I got out and work for” money. That’s pretty crazy. :blank:

I have dial-up connection so I doubt it would work properly on my computer anyway. Not to mention I doubt I’d play it for very long. In all honesty I prefer my console games. But thanks for the offer. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, '10, 1:33 pm 
Maybe something to consider. How much do the special membership things cost, on average, and what kind of things are they? Do they really enhance the experience, or are they kind of 'meh'? Or are they kind of essential to making the experience better?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, '10, 3:50 pm 
The actual Membership is $20, which lasts s long as you've got an account on there. It gives you access to a larger selection of weapons, armours, areas to explore, more quests, and sometimes special rewards. I haven't gotten it for AQ Worlds, but I purchased one for DragonFable, and it's proven to be worth the investment.

@ Lucas: Actually, it's not. It's how the Koran MMO games work. Games like Maple Story, for example, only get their money from said option. The rest of that game's free. Though to be honest, most of the items you buy on Maplestory are purely cosmetic and will disappear after 90 days or so.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, '10, 6:14 am 
I know I've played AQ and AQW both at least once each, but I don't remember either of the accounts I made for both of them. It was interesting, but I guess I got bored with it quick.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, '10, 7:35 pm 
I wouldn't have time to play it. I used to play a couple of MMOs, but I've just been too busy for them for the last few years.

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]