Activision and Blizzard Merge

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Activision and Blizzard Merge

Postby Thoul » Wed Dec 5, '07, 5:37 am

There's another big merger going on in the game industry. Activision, which has been around since the Atari 2600 days, is merging with Blizzard. The new company is going to be called "Activision Blizzard." What do you think this merger will mean for the two companies and their future products?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Dec 5, '07, 7:00 pm

http://www.blizzard.com

They say they are just going to get each others techinques and nothing is going to change.. XD I'm a frequent visitor, hoping for updates on Starcraft2. lol

Activision has had some really good quality games and blizzard is an all popular company, the merge will make both have some extremely good games coming out of there, plus the ability to do it all with the teamwork.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Neithird » Wed Dec 5, '07, 9:42 pm

I think this can only mean good things for both companies. They'll get a revenue boost from each other and Blizzard will be under less pressure to make ends meet between game releases. If Activision and Blizzard start collaborating, that will definitely improve the games of both companies.

It's like having the best classic company and best modern company all rolled up into one. Nothing but goodness can come from that, right? :D
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby LordShibas » Sat Dec 8, '07, 1:27 am

Maybe we will get Diablo 3 now, but I highly doubt it.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Thoul » Sat Dec 8, '07, 2:42 am

I doubt that, too... unless Blizzard gets a huge staff boost from this, I imagine they'll concentrate on thew new Starcraft for a while. Although Diablo 3 could be another secret project like Starcraft 2 was.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby LordShibas » Sat Dec 8, '07, 4:55 am

Blizzard never has to make another game the rest of their existence if they don't want to. They just need to keep adding content to WOW. People are so nuts over that game. I've played lots of MMOs in my life, but I could never get into WOW. I tried twice, but I got sick of the maintenace and lag. I don't know how people play it.Everquest II is 10 times better.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby lee » Sat Dec 8, '07, 6:57 am

I think we'll see more and more companies do this thing since it's a very competitive world out there, even in the video gaming industry.
lee
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 7

Postby Thoul » Sat Dec 8, '07, 8:24 am

Lag is the worst thing about online games. I can't stand it when you're trying to play and suddenly everything slows down to a crawl. That's the reason I don't play online games any more.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Dec 8, '07, 6:09 pm

I think all those people have OMEGA computers that can go really fast.

Whats your favorite(or should I say least favorite) type of lag??? XD Mine is the one where it does this: Go for 2 seconds, stop for 3 over and over and over until it gets really bad then every other 1 second of gameplay you get 4-6 seconds of it freezing. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Sun Dec 9, '07, 4:05 am

The worst type of lag is the kind that disconnects you, but doesn't tell you. Everyone else sees that you were knocked off the game, but you're still in there and moving around, while everything else seems to be standing still. I really hate when that happens.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to In the News