Lutz's mission...

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Lutz's mission...

Postby Tsunami » Thu Oct 18, '07, 10:53 pm

This is something that I'm pretty curious about. Even after the Profound Darkness' defeat in PSIV, Rune tells Chaz that even if the ultimate evil has been destroyed, his mission as Lutz still continues.

Y'know, I'll just quote it:
RUNE: Even though the battle against the ultimate fiend is over, my mission as Lutz must continue... You see, I must watch over all Algo. I'm still lacking in training and experience. I must continue to improve myself, and eventually pass it on to the next Lutz...

So... Is there the possibility that there's something else out there, since Lutz is needed to keep his watchful eye on Algo? Or is there some other reason why Lutz is needed?

Personally, I don't doubt there there could be other evils. I mean, the Earthlings came to Algo after PSI, (we see 'em in PSII) and they're from another galaxy. Who's to say that there isn't something else out there that could prove to be a threat?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Thu Oct 18, '07, 11:17 pm

It definitely opens the door for another adventure. I've always thought the first Lutz might have known there was a Dark Force on the ships that escaped Palma. If so, Lutz would know there's at least one more out there somewhere in the universe and that it's probably determined to return and finish the job. :idea:

Yes, I think Rune fully expects another evil to arise and threaten the people again in the future.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Rudo » Fri Oct 19, '07, 2:38 am

Yes, I too think there was something else out there. That particular battle may have been over, but it also sounds like there was danger or problems ahead in the future.
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby Neithird » Fri Oct 19, '07, 5:30 am

My feeling is that he wanted to be ready just in case. I mean, no more Profound Darkness, so no more new Dark Forces, right? :covereyes: He has to pass the Lutz role on to keep the culture of the Espers intact, so right then he may have just been thinking of his cultural duties.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Oct 31, '07, 6:41 pm

Lutz mission.. This is truly a thought provoking question. I often thought that Lutz would wait for Profound Light to return to Algo, of that he would try to rebuild Parma. Considering that Rune told Chaz that they would probobly not see eachother again, and that Wren told that they they would most likely meet again, I'd say that Lutz would either protect Algo alongside Lew-Ars, or journy to other galexies and bring peace to them.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Thoul » Wed Oct 31, '07, 7:30 pm

There was a side story that had the first Lutz and Alis taking a trip out side of Algo after Phantasy Star I. I wonder if Rune might retrace their steps? Supposedly, the original trip was how techs were introduced in Algo; Lutz brought them back with him.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Oct 31, '07, 7:41 pm

Intresting... Where did you hear about this? I'd really like to learn about this.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Thoul » Wed Oct 31, '07, 9:22 pm

It's mentioned in the Phantasy Star Compendium book. There's a translation of the book online where you can read some about it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Lutz's mission...

Postby Zio_Falz » Mon Oct 7, '13, 2:05 am

Even if you defeat evil, evil will still exist. Human's, Palmanians, Dezorians, Motavains etc, are composed of light and darkness. After all, was Darum evil? Debatable, but he did evil things for sure. Was Zio "evil"? Or was he just like any other religious nut you'd meet, who swear they are right and their god is the true god? People are capable of evil, and Lutz exists to remind people of the good too, in cases where evil gets out of hand.
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 58

Re: Lutz's mission...

Postby Zio_Falz » Wed Oct 9, '13, 9:58 am

Additionally, I believe Rune is a very novice Lutz, who needs much more training. the Lutz in Phantasy Star II could Heal all party members, and even transport them to outer space. The PSIV Lutz only has Rever and Ryuka, so, more training indeed. I just hope Rune knows what happens after he reaches level 99...
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 58

Return to Phantasy Star IV