Accepting Fate • Phantasy Star: Fringes of Algo

Accepting Fate

Fan written stories based on Phantasy Star IV.

Re: Accepting Fate

Postby Lucas » Sat Mar 6, '10, 4:02 pm

Chapter Three: Clouded Intensions!

(“Aah”) said the evil voice with a sigh of relief. (“Now that’s a pretty colour you don’t see everyday isn’t it?”). All the people in the room lay dead, there was no struggle of escape it happened to fast none of them would have even been awake to know what was going to happen. Red blood stained the walls of the room. And everything in there was trashed, wood from the beds and pieces of wall were everywhere.
“You, you killed, t-them!” said Elisa in a squeaky and very frightful voice.
(“Huh, who me, don’t play the blame game dear that technique came from your hand”) said the voice.
“No, no I didn’t do that it was you, it was you, you freak, get out of my body, GET OUT NOW!” Elisa shouted furiously.

Suddenly people could be heard running down the hallway getting closer.
“Oh no” said Elisa.
(“Now look what you’ve done all that shouting you did has called upon attention. Well you know the antidote for that now don’t you”) said the voice evilly. Suddenly Elisa’s hand began to exhibit more dark energy.
“No, wai…” Elisa’s voice was cut-off again so she couldn’t talk or yell for help.

“What the hell is going on?” a teenage boy yelled as he entered the room with several other teenagers. Suddenly all their mouths dropped open when they seen the state of the room and the only living person inside was a girl who seemed really out of it.
“Do…do you…kn…know, what…ha…happened?” The boy finally managed to get out.
Elisa looked at the boy with an evil grin on her face. Of course it wasn’t her grin it belonged to the evil thing inside her. Her mouth opened to speak and her teeth had become razor sharp like that of a crocodile or wolf.
“Yes I do…but don’t worry I’ll send you to the afterlife so you can tell these unfortunate people what happened to them and yourself” said Elisa in an unearthly voice.
“You’re a freak!” Yelled one of the boys at the back of the group. “Hurry guys lets go get help”

----------------

Just as the guys turned to leave Elisa was standing in front of them as if she teleported. “Help won’t be necessary” she said and held her hand out in front of them it was completely covered in dark purple energy. Then Elisa’s eyes turned completely red showing she was possessed. “Die!”

Suddenly the whole Orphanage shook and the security alarm went off. All the children woke up and began running to the front doors to escape. All the kids gathered outside. All expect two that is. The Orphanage owner began shouting. “Get outside now, there’s some kind of monster in there” He didn’t want to go back in and save the remaining children, one child however was beyond the ability to be saved. Elisa walked down the now empty hallway with the alarm blaring out and the whole house was flashing red. Small security robots called Whistles appeared out of the wall and began firing at Elisa who they detected as a threat. Because the Profound Darkness was now in control of her body the bullets that were supposed to hit Elisa melted into thin air just millimetres from touching her. Elisa was scared but she was in awe that the Whistle’s defence was useless on her.

(“Where are you making me go?”) thought Elisa.
(“We still have one more target to kill”) said the voice. (“She’s your friend isn’t she, what was her name again oh, that’s right…Autumn”) the voice then began laughing.
(“Oh, please god no, not her”) Elisa was really emotional and upset but she could do nothing to stop it even the slightest.

Suddenly a whole army of Hunters and Robotcops stormed the building guns, claws and swords out ready for attack.
“You there hit the ground now!” shouted one of the hunters. “Drop or I shoot!”
“Oh, dear what a mess looks like we’re leaving after all, and I was having so much fun here too” said the voice possessing Elisa.
“FIRE!” shouted the lead hunter then all the robotcops and hunters with guns open fired, hundreds of bullets heading straight for Elisa. All of a sudden Elisa’s body changed itself into a purple aura and it flew out of a near by air vent and darted off into the night sky in the direction the planet Motavia was located. All the bullets shot through the wall leaving holes and totally missing the target, which was now almost a whole planet away.

----------------

“What is going on?” said Autumn who was finding it hard to lift both her eye lids as she stammered out into the now inactive battle field. Her long green hair was all messy and sticking out everywhere. She then rubbed her eyes and looked around her. “Holy Crap!” she yelled out. Everything she could see was trashed. “Huh wait where’s Elisa?” asked Autumn out loud. She then began to head down the hallway.
“Wait, miss don’t go down there” yelled a Hunter who ran after her. But it was too late. Autumn stumbled back in horror; her face was showing she was traumatized by what she was looking at. Never in her life had she seen a dead body let alone a dozen dead bodies.
“I…I think I’m gonna be sick” she squeezed out, her voice not sounding like her own because she was in such shock. Then Autumn put both hands over her mouth and ran for the front door and out into the garden.

“Clear out this building this zone is now off limits, I want a full report on everything we seen on this crazy night even if the Palman Defence Department thinks only these things occur in horror movies. You all got that!” shouted the head Hunter.
“YES, SIR!” replied all the others.

After getting her head out of the nearby garden, Autumn automatically began searching for Elisa outside. “Hey Elisa, Elisa, ELISA BRAGWIN!” shouted Autumn at the top of her voice. But not one of the many children responded they were all to scared to worry about a stolen child. “Oh man this sucks big time, I hope she escaped okay. Or maybe oh no, that can’t be it she better still be alive hopefully that freak show never killed her. I have to go back in and look for her!” said Autumn who was now more determined than ever. Autumn began to run back to the front door, which was now guarded by Robotcops.

“You guys gotta let me in I have to see if my friend…” but she was cut short of finishing her sentence.
“Access denied,” said one of the Robotcops.
“My friend she…” but Autumn was cut off yet again this time by the second Robotcop.
“Your friend is a she, there is no female humans or Numans located in the building alive or deceased.”
“Oh thank goodness” said Autumn with a very big sigh of relief. She then turned around and ran past the crowed of people up to one of the hunters who was putting some weapons in the back of a truck. “Excuse me sir, did you happen to see a human girl about my height same skinny build with brownish-orange hair in there. Oh and she was wearing a white dress too kinda beat-up looking?” asked Autumn eager for a good response.
“Yes I did actually” said the hunter removing his helmet he had short spiked black hair and one blue eye his other eye had a patch covering it.

“Yes!” said Autumn her eyes sparkling with happiness.
“I wouldn’t be so happy about her however, she was the one who did all that.” Said the man leaning into the truck moving some equipment around.
“Huh, you Rappy brain!” Autumn took his words as offence. “How could my friend be responsible for destroying the orphanage and murdering a dozen young men?” she asked him furiously.
“Look girl, I’m only telling you what I saw okay, the whole situation is kind of crazy it was as though she was sharing her body with a force of pure evil or something”
“What do you mean?” asked Autumn with a weird look on her face.
“You’d be best to ask her yourself,” replied the Hunter who was clearly getting annoyed talking to her now.
“Where did she go then?” Autumn asked leaning forward curiously.
“Honestly, she burst into purple flame and left the building through the air vent and headed toward that Motavian desert planet” said the Hunter who then walked away from Autumn and the truck with a very annoyed expression on his face.

“Elisa did say she was hearing voices and stuff and she looked quite freaked out the whole night. Maybe something did get her. Hmmm, well either way she’s not here and I’m not staying here. Lets make a run for that spaceport.” Autumn said and she then took off sprinting down the road. It was early morning by now the sun was beginning to rise and the black night sky turned a soft purple. All that could be seen of Autumn was a small figure running far off in the distance headed for the city spaceport.
Lucas
Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star IV