Accepting Fate: Artificial Heartbeat • Phantasy Star: Fringes of Algo

Accepting Fate: Artificial Heartbeat

Fan written stories based on Phantasy Star IV.

Re: Accepting Fate: Artificial Heartbeat

Postby Lucas » Sun Aug 21, '11, 10:29 am

Chapter 8: I Exceed your Reality!

“At the orphanage?” Elisa asked confused thinking back to her childhood on Palma.

“Uh, no” DG replied she seemed rather disappointed she forgot. But she then realised an internet conversation with a random computer program wasn't a focal point in the life of a regular human.

“Do you work at the guild with Will and Hank?” she then asked.

“Um, actually we met online...about a month ago!”

“...DG, DG” Elisa repeated out loud.

She was very confused, but DG could see she was trying to remember.

“I'm sorry you must think I'm such a rude person now!” Elisa said putting a hand on her chest.

“No not at all” DG replied. “You see Elisa at the time I was just computer program, a bunch of data. But I promised I'd come find you and have a real body when I did. Our conversation was quite random, I was talking about the planets in Algol, the space-crafts and travel between the three planets, then I some how moved onto music and games and ended up finishing the conversation with agriculture.”

“You remember all that and it happened so long ago” Elisa was quite surprised.

DG knew she still wasn't getting the hint. She was a normal human girl, so she probably needed some proof to believe that DG was also that same computer program she had a chat with.

“Elisa can you please show me your computer?” DG asked

“Sure, its just around here” Elisa said standing up and walking into another room. DG obediently followed her.

Elisa flicked the light switch on. The room was nearly empty, except for the computer desk and the computer on it; there was one closed window in the room too. All of the stars could be seen in the night sky from it.

“I'll turn it on for you” Elisa said walking over to it. But she then came to a sudden stop.

The computer screen flicked on automatically.

“Oh wow, maybe...maybe Autumn left it in sleep mode. But...that doesn’t explain it flicking on without me moving the mouse” Elisa was quite confused. She continued to stare at the wide screen monitor.

“I turned it on” DG bluntly replied.

Elisa turned back and looked at her. “Do you know magic by any chance?” Elisa asked. “Maybe you're an esper?”

DG smiled, she was observing the curiosity on Elisa's face and making a record of the mixed feelings she was also showing. DG then replied “Anything that is digital in origin I transcend”

“I'm sorry DG, but I cant really comprehend what you're trying to tell me”

“Do you mind if I show you something Elisa?” DG asked walking until she was only a few centimetres from the computer.

“As, as long as you don’t somehow break Hank's computer” Elisa nervously laughed.

DG turned to face her, she had a toothy smile on her face. The light reflecting the visor covering her unseen eyes seemed to sparkle. “Do you trust me?” she asked.

“Uh, well...” Elisa never had a chance to answer.

DG raised her leg off the ground, she then turned and performed a kick, her foot heading straight for the computer screen.

“No wait!!!” Elisa shouted with an arm out reached in shock.

But...

It never smashed, DG's foot never emerged out the back of the monitor. It seemed to have sunk into the screen as though it was a pool of water, or another realm.

“That's unbelievable” Elisa then raced around the other side of the computer she touched the back of the monitor it was perfectly fine. She then ran back around to the front of the screen where she closely observed DG's leg as it seemed to disappear into it. “I'm speechless, how can you, how did you, who taught...???” Elisa was so excited she was unable to finish her sentences. She traced a finger over the computer screen just to be sure, but her finger never disappeared into the screen, like DG's leg did.

Suddenly text began to write itself onto the monitor as though someone was typing it. But neither of the girls were touching the keyboard. The text read out “Elisa do you believe me now my friend?”

“DG I...”

Before Elisa could finish her sentence Autumn walked into the room, she was holding some papers in her hand and had a short cake in the other which she obviously bought on the way home from the Guild. “DG, put your leg down, I can see up your skirt!” She bluntly commanded. Suddenly her big red eyes widened she then lost grip on the papers, they fell to the ground along with the cake. It splattered frosting all over the floor.

“I know, it's amazing right?” Elisa responded excitedly, totally ignoring the mess on the floor.

Autumn was speechless.

“I'm pleased you find this so entertaining girls, I'm sure it would warm my heart...uh, if my body had one that is” DG said. She then removed her leg from the computer. Both girls watched as her entire leg re-emerged from the screen as though she just pulled it out of a hole. “But I haven’t even scratched the surface of my abilities.” DG now standing firmly on the ground, began floating into the air. She then folded one leg over the other and gave the illusion she was sitting back in an invisible chair, while not touching the ground.

“Incredible!” Elisa replied her big blue eyes sparkling with joy.

DG then began to fiddle around in one of the pockets on her jacket and pulled out a small healthy looking cactus. She smiled at it, “I found this cute cactus in the desert on my way here, is there a place I could put it?” she asked.

Both girls were still coming grips with DG floating in their computer room, to answer her.

Eventually not answering DG's previous question about the cactus, Autumn chocked out in an astounded voice, “Just...what...are...you?”

to be continued....
Last edited by Lucas on Thu May 24, '12, 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star IV