Accepting Fate: Artificial Heartbeat • Phantasy Star: Fringes of Algo

Accepting Fate: Artificial Heartbeat

Fan written stories based on Phantasy Star IV.

Re: Accepting Fate: Artificial Heartbeat

Postby Lucas » Wed Jul 6, '11, 7:10 am

Chapter 7: Elisa!

The girl standing at the door was the the exact same height as Autumn no doubt about it, and looked the same age too; but she seemed a little more bony than Autumn did, who's body was more athletic. She had dark orange hair that ended in the middle of her back. Her eyes were a brilliant blue colour and very warm looking. She was wearing a faded pink dress that ended just above her knees and brown sandals accompanied her feet, revealing her toes. A vibrant white flower sat above her left ear in her hair. It looked real, but DG was certain it was an artificial flower just there for decoration.

“Be careful Elisa, I think this girl or what ever she thinks she is could be working with Dark Force. They may have found you again” Autumn said turning back to DG who was still speechless.

“Dark Force?!” DG whispered to herself the name was like a dagger through the heart. Her head throbbed, suddenly memoires from over a thousand years ago of Mother Brain raced through her mind. A huge demonic being turning the goddess like computer evil. It was a horrible thought.

“I'm not sure Autumn, I appreciate your protectiveness towards me, but I think she could be a traveller perhaps, looking at the visor on her face I’d say she's from a wealthy family right?” Elisa asked walking from the door closer to DG.

“Well no, not exactly” DG chocked out returning from her horrible memory trance. She looked up and noticed Elisa was smiling at her. It was a very welcoming look, one she had not received from a single person she encountered since she arrived in the physical world.

“My name is Elisa” she said reaching out her hand. “Who are you?”

DG had read about the gesture she was trying to perform before her, it was a sign of friendship and even used as a greeting or departure between two intelligent beings all around the solar system. “...You can call me...DG” she said reaching out her hand and gently gripping Elisa's hand. Elisa's skin was warm and very soft, she could feel the bones in her fingers, and the blood passing through her veins, she had quite a delicate hand. It was an unusual feeling, nothing DG had ever encountered before, but she liked it.

Elisa smiled again, she then slowly let go of DG's hand after shaking. “Does your name stand for something DG, maybe Dorothy or Dietrich?”

DG scratched the back of her head; she knew what she was about to say might make this conversation go in the wrong direction. “Ah, no, actually my full name is...HAPSBY-Unit-001-MB-9819-EVD-AV-DigitalGirl-0.11. But, sometimes my name, is changed if I update my database...” DG then paused.

She noticed Autumn had her arms crossed and wasn't really impressed, but Elisa's appearance didn't change one bit. It was though she actually, just maybe believed what DG just said to her.

“Well DG, you seem lost dear, I want you to come inside for the night at least, please do” Elisa said turning and she began to walk back into the house.

(She is such a nice person) DG thought to herself.

Suddenly Autumn walked up to DG “I just want to let you know if Elisa trusts you, you can come inside, the house isn’t exactly ours though, we're just looking after until the owners return from Palma...and don't try anything funny okay!”. She too then turned and walked into the house leaving the door open.

DG was still amazed at the length of her hair, she must have gone without a hair cut for at least four or five years. Yet she still managed to keep all that hair silky and clean she obviously took pride in it.

“Okay then...” DG told herself quietly she took a few steps forward and shut the door behind her, the house smelt very clean and appeared very tidy and organised as she made her way into the dinning room where both girls were sitting at a table. She also noticed a painting of an owlbear on the wall which she smiled at.

“Have a seat DG” Elisa said pointing at the seat directly across from her.

Autumn was sitting back in her chair with her feet on the table she seemed lost in a bit of a daze. The soles of her feet were almost black, they were that dirty.

“Autumn your feet are filthy get them of Isa and Hank's table” Elisa scolded.

“You're no fun Elisa” she said removing them

“Besides what happened to your shoes?” Elisa asked.

“An antlion ate them” Autumn replied putting her arms behind her back and gently rocking in her chair.

“An antlion what?! I'm not even going to ask how an antlion managed to eat your running shoes” Elisa said smacking her forehead with her palm. “Hey how about you go to the Guild and pick up a new hunt for us tomorrow; it's been nearly a week since we've done anything.” Elisa mentioned. She clearly wanted some time to talk with DG alone.

“Alright Elisa fine, but you better not make any hot chocolate while I'm gone okay, wait until I get back if you decide to do that” Autumn said getting up and walking out of the dinning room.

“Hey! take my sandals, you'll probably step on glass or something with no shoes on at night.” Elisa shouted.

“I'll be fine” Autumn yelled back.

“She's quite an energetic numan isn't she?” DG commented followed by a little bit of a nervous laugh.

“Energetic doesn't do her justice” replied Elisa “But she is a really great friend though”

“Um Elisa...”

“Yes DG” Elisa said giving her another friendly smile.

“This may sound a little strange, but you and I...” DG stopped it was as though she was too scared to continue.

“You and I” Elisa repeated.

DG then replied in a serious voice “You and I have met before!”

to be continued....
Last edited by Lucas on Wed Jul 6, '11, 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star IV