Favorite Country Music singer(s)

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Alan Jackson
No votes
George Strait
No votes
Johnny Cash
No votes
Reba McIntyre
No votes
Keith Urban
No votes
George Jones
No votes
Waylon Jennings
No votes
Elvis Presley (yes, he did Country :wink:)
No votes
Tammy Wynette
No votes
Martina McBride
No votes
Other - explain in post below
100%

Total votes : 1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Apr 1, '09, 4:39 pm

Who is your absolute favorite Country Music singer(s) of all time?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Apr 1, '09, 6:04 pm

None of them. I am no fan of country music. I have a song here and there that I find okay...but that's it. Country music is just too simple, in my opinion. I don't hate it as a whole, but not a fan.

Though, I do find some of the song titles and a few lyrics to be absolute gems. I have heard a country song rhyme 'Mama' and 'marijuana'. Seriously.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Re: Favorite Country Music singer(s)

Postby Thoul » Thu Apr 2, '09, 2:26 am

I don't have a favorite, either. I don't listen to the music much, though I used to listen a lot. There's always been a few songs that I liked and a few that made me want to permanently plug up my ears.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Apr 3, '09, 3:19 am

I'm shocked that some of you are not country music fans. :wink: I guess I can understand that though.

I didn't realize until after I posted this, but I left a lot of the top country music artists of today out of the poll. I like a few of them also, especially Carrie Underwood, Garth Brooks, Trace Adkins, and others I can't recall right now.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Srijita » Fri Apr 3, '09, 6:52 pm

Of the names you've cited, Silver, Tammy Wynette would certainly make it onto my country music top ten. However, I'd also make a plea for the inclusion of John Denver and Crystal Gayle. Relatively few people seem familiar with Crystal Gayle, but she has a really sweet voice and has covered some fantastic songs.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Apr 4, '09, 12:33 am

Srijita wrote:Of the names you've cited, Silver, Tammy Wynette would certainly make it onto my country music top ten. However, I'd also make a plea for the inclusion of John Denver and Crystal Gayle. Relatively few people seem familiar with Crystal Gayle, but she has a really sweet voice and has covered some fantastic songs.

Srijita, I absolutely agree with all of those names you mentioned. I enjoy all of them and their music. I am very familiar with Crystal Gayle. Did you know that she was the sister of Loretta Lynn, another great Country Music artist in her own right? My favorite Crystal Gayle song is "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue". I love hearing her sing that. I saw Crystal on a TV program not too long ago and she still has her long hair after all these years. I also like the duet theme song Crystal did for the soap "Another World", I think it was.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Lucas » Sat Apr 4, '09, 2:16 pm

My favourite is John Willamson. You probably never heard of him because is an Australian country singer and his music rarely gets distributed outside Australia. He also sang "True Blue" at Steve Irwin's Goodbye Ceremony.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Apr 7, '09, 11:12 pm

Lucas wrote:My favourite is John Willamson. You probably never heard of him because is an Australian country singer and his music rarely gets distributed outside Australia. He also sang "True Blue" at Steve Irwin's Goodbye Ceremony.

No, I don't think I have heard of him, but he sounds interesting. Also interesting that he sang at Steve Irwin's ceremony. Steve Irwin was the "Crocodile Hunter" wasn't he???

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Lucas » Wed Apr 8, '09, 2:33 am

@ SS, Yes he was. Actually Australia has quite a few crocodile hunters only he was the most popular.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Srijita » Wed Apr 8, '09, 9:41 pm

Silver_Surfer1 wrote: I am very familiar with Crystal Gayle.

After all these years, it's so great to encounter someone else who has heard of her and enjoys her songs! :clap: I remember reading that Crystal is Loretta Lynn's sister, but am not all that familiar with Loretta as an artist in her own right. The only song I've heard Loretta sing is "Coal Miner's Daughter". I've often wondered whether the lyrics are autobiographical...
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Next

Return to Tootin' Tunes