Character Shuffle!

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Character Shuffle!

Postby Thoul » Wed Jan 9, '08, 10:34 pm

We're probably all familiar with the tried and true cast for each game, so maybe it would be fun to change things up a little. Suppose you could, for each Phantasy Star game, replace one person with anyone from another installment. Who would you replace, who would be the replacement, and why?

PSI - I'd replace Odin with Demi. You get similar attack abilities, as far as guns, plus some handy attack a little extra healing power.
PSII - Rudo with Rune. Kain can, for the most part, handle the gun user role. Rune's power would outstrip that of just about anyone else in the game.
PSIII - Rulakir with Zio. Zio was a much more effective villain who wouldn't have been stopped by the sealing off of the Terminus dome. He would be a more active and present threat.

I can't think of a good replacement for PSIV yet. It just has such a good cast to start with. ;)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Fri Jan 11, '08, 12:29 am

PSI: Alis with Alys. Would be interesting with Alys leading the others. :D

PSII: Rhys with Rolf. Somehow, I could picture him trying to choose between the cast of PSII's female characters on who to marry, lol.

PSIII: Hmm. Wren (PSIII) with Wren(PSIV)! It would be different, and maybe Wren would have more of a personality. ;)

PSIV: Hahn with Kain. Imagine the hilarities...

Kain: Aw shuckins, that there robit's lookin' mighty beat up. Here, I'll use this here repairin' kit ta fix ya right up!
Demi: DON'T TOUCH ME!
*fizzle*
Kain: Shoot, broke another 'un...
Chaz: Oh no, Demi!
Rika: He broke Wren, too! Waaaaaa!
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Dorrinal » Fri Jan 11, '08, 7:57 pm

Tsunami: LOL!

PSI: replace Alis with Sari.
PSII: replace Rolf with Sari.
PSIII: Already has Sari.
PSIV: replace Chaz with Sari.

If it isn't obvious why, you need to play more Phantasy Star III. Hint: Marry Maia.
Dorrinal
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 11

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Jan 11, '08, 10:52 pm

Hmmmmm. Well seeing as how some are doing this in a comedic way........*evil laugh*

PSI: Alis into...yeah Sari would've taken that rulership thing Alis was offered. XD
PSII: Rolf with Wren (PSIII). Imagine how much of the game you could skip if you could turn into an Aeroplane or Submarine, or other useful gadget.
PSIII: Maia with Nei, or Kara(princess) with Rika.
*King: Rhys, you sure you want to marry her?
Nei: *ears twitch*
Dragon/Lyle: You filthy Orakians would do well to stay away from the Numans! XDDDDD
--or--
Kara is born grows long pointy ears....*everyone eyes the parents* (assumes naughty parts ensue)
:rofl:
PSIV:Just add in a random Mieu type cyborg. XDDDDD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Tsunami » Fri Jan 11, '08, 11:15 pm

Dorrinal wrote:Tsunami: LOL!
:mrgreen:

PSI: replace Alis with Sari.
PSII: replace Rolf with Sari.
PSIII: Already has Sari.
PSIV: replace Chaz with Sari.
I have the feeling that if every character in every game was replaced by Sari, we'd hear no complaints on your end. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Mon Jan 14, '08, 12:04 am

Sparky wrote:Dragon/Lyle: You filthy Orakians would do well to stay away from the Numans! XDDDDD

:rofl: This is now one of my favorite quotes. ;)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Classic Series