About Numans...

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

About Numans...

Postby Tsunami » Sun Dec 30, '07, 1:31 pm

A question that comes to mind whilst searching for things on the 'net, I find that Rika and Nei are referred to as catgirls. While I can see how people would think this, as they have the ears for it and use claws, I think the similarities end there.

So what do you think? Would you classify them as catgirls?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Sun Dec 30, '07, 3:24 pm

Numans share some traits commonly associated with cats/catgirls. Agility is another in addition to those you mentioned. I wouldn't classify them as catgirls, but I think they are about as close to it as a character can come without being a catgirl.

Nei was designed to be very cat-like in her expressions, so I think that is where this catgirl thing originally comes from. If she had kept the tail she had in her original designs, then I think there would be a stronger case for it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Dec 31, '07, 12:23 am

I was wondering, why does Nei use bars? It called her weapon a bar. I'm glad the tail was taken out. lol
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Tsunami » Mon Dec 31, '07, 2:11 pm

Dunno, must've been SoA's weird translation. Since when Nei attacks, it definitely looks like a claw to me. (you can even see the claw on her hand)
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Thoul » Mon Dec 31, '07, 9:03 pm

I've read somewhere that they are called claws in the Japanese version. I guess it was either a translation goof or a censorship thing. Maybe they thoguht slashing with claws was too violent compared to bashing with bars. Not that this makes much sense to me... :dizzy:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tsunami » Mon Dec 31, '07, 11:11 pm

Censorship? And swords aren't that bad? :lol: I can imagine that getting bashed over the head with a steel bar would be pretty painful. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Thoul » Mon Dec 31, '07, 11:32 pm

Yeah... it's a weak theory, but maybe they just thought bars would go over better with the audience for some reason.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Jan 1, '08, 4:41 am

Claws are censored? Lol, yeah, and they leave the swords and shotguns in the game. XDDDDDDDDD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Tsunami » Tue Jan 1, '08, 8:23 pm

And throwable slashers...and don't forget the whips!
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Shinuzzo » Sat Jan 5, '08, 8:44 am

I'm guessing space limitations, I mean it's already called a Lasr Bar in the game.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Next

Return to Classic Series