Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: About Numans...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, '07, 1:31 pm 
A question that comes to mind whilst searching for things on the 'net, I find that Rika and Nei are referred to as catgirls. While I can see how people would think this, as they have the ears for it and use claws, I think the similarities end there.

So what do you think? Would you classify them as catgirls?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, '07, 3:24 pm 
Numans share some traits commonly associated with cats/catgirls. Agility is another in addition to those you mentioned. I wouldn't classify them as catgirls, but I think they are about as close to it as a character can come without being a catgirl.

Nei was designed to be very cat-like in her expressions, so I think that is where this catgirl thing originally comes from. If she had kept the tail she had in her original designs, then I think there would be a stronger case for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, '07, 12:23 am 
I was wondering, why does Nei use bars? It called her weapon a bar. I'm glad the tail was taken out. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, '07, 2:11 pm 
Dunno, must've been SoA's weird translation. Since when Nei attacks, it definitely looks like a claw to me. (you can even see the claw on her hand)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, '07, 9:03 pm 
I've read somewhere that they are called claws in the Japanese version. I guess it was either a translation goof or a censorship thing. Maybe they thoguht slashing with claws was too violent compared to bashing with bars. Not that this makes much sense to me... :dizzy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, '07, 11:11 pm 
Censorship? And swords aren't that bad? :lol: I can imagine that getting bashed over the head with a steel bar would be pretty painful. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, '07, 11:32 pm 
Yeah... it's a weak theory, but maybe they just thought bars would go over better with the audience for some reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 1, '08, 4:41 am 
Claws are censored? Lol, yeah, and they leave the swords and shotguns in the game. XDDDDDDDDD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 1, '08, 8:23 pm 
And throwable slashers...and don't forget the whips!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 5, '08, 8:44 am 
I'm guessing space limitations, I mean it's already called a Lasr Bar in the game.

Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next