About Lune and Siren

Explore the Alisa III as it travels the stars.

Re: About Lune and Siren

Postby Thoul » Mon Mar 29, '10, 2:31 pm

One of the guys in Lashute says Laya sealed up the domes. It doesn't say specifically when, just "centuries ago."

Depending on how much stock you want to put into Toyo Ozaki's character designs, Orakio and Rulakir don't look very much alike. One has green hair and the other is blond. That would make it hard for Rulakir to pass as Orakio. I suppose you could ignore that since it's not in the game or chalk it up to Dark Force.

Rick wrote:True. Though in the japanese, it's said both Laya and Orakio perished together. The boatman's story is also different. It actually explains where Orakio and Rulakir really lived.

See.. Miun also says someone woke her up.

The boatman's story is basically the same. It does mention a fortress and Dark Force being summoned at that specific place by the people who lived there though, so good catch.

I don't see anything about how Laya and Orakio died, other than the misinformation about Orakio killing Laya, where Orakio and Rulakir lived, or Miun being woken (or did you mean Mieu? easy typo). Maybe I'm just overlooking those. Can you post the portions of the script that addresses those, please?

One of the things I don't get about the game is how the people in Lashute were able to make so much trouble. I mean, getting Maia to Landen, messing with the weather... the domes are supposed to be sealed, so how did they get through to do all that?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tanith » Mon Mar 29, '10, 11:16 pm

Thoul wrote:One of the things I don't get about the game is how the people in Lashute were able to make so much trouble. I mean, getting Maia to Landen, messing with the weather... the domes are supposed to be sealed, so how did they get through to do all that?

I've always wondered all that, too. Maybe they're the only people on the Alisa III that know ryuka, since it was mysteriously missing from the game.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby PSjunkie » Mon Mar 29, '10, 11:26 pm

Maybe the Lashutites/Lashutians :) are a myriad of Layans and Orakians and had access to Laya Temples, but that still doesnt explain why they didnt try to start the Dev wars earlier or later than they did. Whats the point of sealing the domes if they could access to all domes via Laya Temples.
Im thinking of getting rid of the Laya Temples but then I have to figure out a way how Lyle got to Landen via Aquatica.
PSjunkie
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 30

Postby Thoul » Mon Mar 29, '10, 11:29 pm

Ryuka makes sense. Thinking about it, I guess they could also have Escape magic like in PS1. Either of those could allow them to move around in small groups to cause trouble without being able to really stir the pot too much.

Yeah, the temples don't make much sense either. Maybe if they only work for someone using the Laya's Pendant, but even still the temples poke holes in the story.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tanith » Mon Mar 29, '10, 11:40 pm

PSjunkie wrote:Im thinking of getting rid of the Laya Temples but then I have to figure out a way how Lyle got to Landen via Aquatica.

Didn't he already have the sapphire?

About the Lashutians waiting so long: I think they knew they had to wait, if the Dark Force operates the same way the Darkness operates in Algo, with there only being a window of opportunity every 1,000 years. I don't know, though.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby PSjunkie » Mon Mar 29, '10, 11:58 pm

I cant confirm it but I thought the Sapphire was another one of Satera's gems, I dont know if it came from Aquatica. I know Lyle has easy access to Aridia as the tunnel entrance was destroyed. Im probably getting too much info from Mike's "Rhys' Adventure".
About Ryuka its possible that the Lashutians are pure palmian descendants, espers etc, seeing as they know so much about the Dev wars, Dark force could of extended their life span aswell.

Kind of gone off track from Lune and Siren but thats cool with me, your thoughts and idea's help me alot.
PSjunkie
Agent
Agent

Postby Rick » Tue Mar 30, '10, 4:50 am

I think..

Remember, Lyle made it to Aridia because there was ONE WAY to Aridia.. Right through those fortresses. It wasn't a private knowledge things.

Then Lyle stole the item from the cyborgs to enter Landen.

You can also go Landen to Elysium without a gem I think then Elysium to somewhere else..

It could be that Lyle learned how to fix his world and he needed a pure blooded descendant of Orakio and set Maia up to be found and then kidnapped her to send Rhys on his way..

This all coulda been orchestrated by the Sages in Lashute.

We also should take into account that Siren has no personality and no emotions. He just follows his programming. Laia sent Siren away and the Layans are his enemy.

Someone finish Jap ps 3 translation :D

So much info left in japanese ps 3 x.x It wraps it all up I was told.
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby hugues » Tue Mar 30, '10, 11:00 pm

Rick wrote:It could be that Lyle learned how to fix his world and he needed a pure blooded descendant of Orakio and set Maia up to be found and then kidnapped her to send Rhys on his way..

That's a theory I've considered many times. To take it a bit farther, I've wondered if he and Lena were in on it together. Perhaps he found Lena first and she was sympathetic to his peoples' suffering. Although Orakian, she never expresses any hatred toward Layans in her dialog. It would explain why she encouraged Rhys to rescue Maia. Whether or not Maia was in on the plan I can't decide.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby PSjunkie » Mon Apr 5, '10, 10:08 am

I like the idea of Dark Force and Zio regarding to why Lune and Siren try to re-start the Devestation Wars.
DF would of played with Zio's mind, telling him what to do, making him believe it was his own thought, spinning stories that never happened.
Lune aged and was angry/depressed after he woke up, that could be a sign of possession and with Siren, DF manipulates technology, he could of screwed up Siren's internal logic/memory banks.
Anyone reckon thats a decent explaination or got any better idea's?
PSjunkie
Agent
Agent

Postby Thoul » Mon Apr 5, '10, 2:10 pm

I think that's a good explanation. For Siren you could also say he was just following his last orders or loyalty to Orakio. He would have probably been active up on that moon for 1000 years, hating Layans the whole time. After hating someone for so long, it's hard to stop.

But with Lune, a human who was in cryo sleep most of that time, DF is really the only reasonable explanation I can see.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star III