Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 

A4

A4

View Gallery Page

Post subject: A4
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, '14, 6:52 pm 
Now, for a change (and because all my works in progress for PS fan art are on hold due to "real life"), here is a picture of my old time love: Marvel Comics' Super Heroes.

You may already be familiar with some of the Avengers and Fantastic Four. These are team line-ups from the 80s, which are at the top positions of my favorite line-ups (if Ms. Marvel were there, it would be even better).

Post subject: Re: A4
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, '14, 3:36 am 
Really nice artwork!! I like the super heroes and can almost guess who most of them here are. Love all the colors. And, I have a question if you don't mind. I notice that there are two dates on this one and some of your other art work. Just wondering what the dates stand for. I assume one is for the day you finished the artwork. Just curious, so no need to answer if you don't want to. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, '14, 4:31 am 
Awesome stuff, always good to see Marvel artwork, I grew up with Marvel comics, and Spider-Man is how I learned to draw!

I'm actually less familiar with The Avengers and FF than I should be, I need to correct that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, '14, 2:45 pm 
Thank you. The dates are "finished inking date" and "finished coloring date". In some pictures this does not matter as much, as it would be the same or would have a difference of one or two days, but there are some with differences measured in years. I have quite a few unfinished pics which were inked around 2001-2003 that I still wish to color someday. I will never remember the dates when these were first drawn, and that is why I started using both dates.

The characters portrayed here are:
Flying on their own: Captain Marvel, Human Torch, Wasp and Starfox.
Flying on Black Knight's atomic steed: Black Knight and Captain America.
Flying on the Fantasticar: Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Hercules and She-Hulk.

I like the Avengers and the Fantastic Four way more than I like Spider-Man. I like him, too, but I liked him less when Todd McFarlane and Erik Larsen (two artists) started working on his books and deformed everything about Spidey. I do not like Venom, by the way. Too much like the bad things about Wolverine, the Punisher and Ghost Rider.

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]