A thought about PS1 and Wii...

Quest for justice and vengeance with the beginning of the saga.

A thought about PS1 and Wii...

Postby Thoul » Sun Mar 1, '09, 9:46 pm

While PS2, 3, and 4 have all be released on the Wii's Virtual Console, Phantasy Star 1 has been a no-show there so far. There are other Master System games on it, but this one has just not appeared yet. Today I was reading some news about a Final Fantasy IV sequel coming to the Wii - via WiiWare. This FF game was originally released on mobile phones and the rumor has it that Square is porting it to WiiWare.

That reminded me of Phantasy Star: Deluxe Edition - the version of Phantasy Star that was also released on mobile phones. If Sega were to port that to WiiWare, would you buy it? Supposedly the story is unchanged (though there's not a translation yet), with the graphics being a mixture of enhancements and simplifications.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby newsblade » Sun Mar 1, '09, 11:02 pm

I would even buy a Wii if they decided to port deluxe on it. To me PS "Deluxe" has better graphics than "Generations"... well, not the graphics stricto sensu but the characters designs, moving/walking sprites and besides that, it's nearest to the original story/universe.
ImageImage
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Lucas » Mon Mar 2, '09, 8:05 am

I'd play it for sure :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby LordShibas » Mon Mar 2, '09, 4:55 pm

No, I wouldn't care about it. There's not a single game that Nintendo or anyone else can release on the Wii that would make me interested in buying one at the current price. $250 for a Wii is a ripoff. I'll consider getting a Wii when they cost $99, like they should.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Darkil » Mon Mar 2, '09, 7:43 pm

I'd definitely buy it on my Wii. It's Phantasy Star after all ;)
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby PSP » Mon Mar 2, '09, 10:52 pm

LordShibas wrote:No, I wouldn't care about it. There's not a single game that Nintendo or anyone else can release on the Wii that would make me interested in buying one at the current price. $250 for a Wii is a ripoff. I'll consider getting a Wii when they cost $99, like they should.

I've got to agree. I owned a Wii for about a year, and when my ex and I split I gladly let her have it. I'll rebuy one someday, but definitely after it gets a slash in price (which, realistically, I know won't be for another year or two).

As for the actual topic, I wouldn't buy it. I've got PSI, PSG1, the PSCC and the Saturn Collection along with emulation. I don't think a 'simplified for cell phone' version would appeal to me.

-Corey
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Postby hugues » Tue Mar 3, '09, 12:09 am

I might consider buying it for Wii because it's missing from the PS2 Genesis Collection. I haven't bought the other Phantasy Star games for VC because the PS2 is sitting 3 inches away from the Wii.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Return to Phantasy Star