Enemy Damage

Discover the secret of Mother Brain's technological advanced world.

Enemy Damage

Postby Celeith » Fri Dec 5, '08, 6:45 pm

Ok I've been going to alot of sites, reading alot about Phantasy Star 2 and one thing that seems to always pop up is the damage you do to enemies. Pretty much everyone says that you cannot view the damage you do to enemies but I find this weird because in every version of the game I have played I have always been able to see how much I'm doing to the enemy. Mainly in the boxes at the top with the enemies name in it you'll see a tiny box beside it that will pop up a number when you hit it, so I find it weird that the majority of people don't notice that.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 5, '08, 10:08 pm

Hm, I've never noticed that as far as I recall. I suppose, like most of those other people, I spend more time looking at the enemy graphics than the text up there. I much prefer something that has the numbers closer to the enemy.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Fri Dec 5, '08, 10:51 pm

I noticed the enemy damage number in the top box it's nothing flash so thats why most people probably wouldn't notice it.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Srijita » Fri Dec 5, '08, 11:18 pm

[face=Times New Roman]I'm with Kaloes on this one. The damage incurred by the enemy shows up quite clearly in the box adjacent to its name. At least, that's the case on the version I play (the original); I haven't tried any of the remakes. I was forever glancing at that box to determine which weapons and techniques were the most useful against any particular enemy. Maybe I should focus less on the text and more on the graphics? :wink:

As I recall, the only occasions on which the enemy damage does not appear are the final Bosses, but I'd have to check that. It's a while since I've played PSII, fond as I am of it.
[/face]
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Celeith » Sun Dec 7, '08, 6:56 pm

I know in PSII Generation the boxes are up there but I can't remember if they appear in there as well. I know it appears on screen like in the other games, I guess I need to go back and play PSIIG when I get the time. I just still find it strange though after so many years people still refuse that the damage appears on screen, whether it be in that tiny box or on the enemy itself.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Re: Enemy Damage

Postby Arctic-snowfox » Tue Jun 19, '12, 5:08 pm

allow me to correct you here, the amount of damage done isn't precise. take the SHOTGUN for instance. a group of four enemies, lets say... waspys okay? the damage when fired says 19, but the waspy on the end takes some of that damage too.

there are only 2 boxes, stating individual damage... for a group of enemys. therefore it isn't allways as it seems.
my signature has gone on vacation.
sigh... i wonder when exactly it might come home?
Arctic-snowfox
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 31

Postby Fogeltje » Wed Jun 20, '12, 10:47 am

tmnzklan wrote:allow me to correct you here, the amount of damage done isn't precise. take the SHOTGUN for instance. a group of four enemies, lets say... waspys okay? the damage when fired says 19, but the waspy on the end takes some of that damage too.

there are only 2 boxes, stating individual damage... for a group of enemys. therefore it isn't allways as it seems.
That is correct. Damage always pop up but it is for the group. As long as you are hitting just one foe you can accurately tell how much damage you did (that way I figured out the hitpoints of hitpoint range of many monsters in a booklet once, that was before the internet of course). But once you hit multiple enemies at once it gets impossible to tell. I assume you do half half to each, but if you do an uneven amount of damage it's impossible to tell who got the 10 and who got the 9 (in the shotgun example).
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby myau56 » Sun Jul 8, '12, 8:40 pm

First of all, I would like to precise that I've always saw the damage you do to the enemies ! For me it's impossible to have not seen that !! Strange that some people haven't....

And about the group damage, yes you are totally right and I've already noticed it too many years ago when I was playing the game on my Megadrive system.
FOGELTJE have explained it very well ! :beg_wily:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to Phantasy Star II